1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much am I missing out (virtual console)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by c7015, Mar 25, 2007.

1. c7015

c7015 Regular member

what do I need ... just the wi fi adapter ?

and how much do games cost?

I feel I should get around to this but before I spend the money on all the accesories.

Am I really missing out? ... I can play roms on my ps2.

2. dazila

dazila Regular member

Yes you are if you are thinking of playing N64 games.
    Its ok i guess some of the games are good personally i go only for the N64 games.
    Yes you need a wi-fi adapter or a router but the nintendo wi-fi adapter is easy to setup no setup required just software instalation but your pc must be XP it cant be windows 9x series or any vista only XP.

3. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

I love the virtual console... sometimes.

As of late some of the VC releases have been a bit lame. the games in the US range from $5 (NES) to $10(N64) depending on the console that the game was for originally.

I got 3 2000 point cards for my birthday and still have points left over. I'm waiting for the really good games to come out for it. I already have a GC version of TLoZ:OoT but if you don't you should pick it up for the Wii via VC.

If you don't have the Wi-Fi adapter and don't want to go through that there is always the Datel LAN USB adapter to connect it to a wired network.

The VC is one of the many great features for the Wii. even if you just get one game.

4. c7015

c7015 Regular member

I think I could hold off a bit longer .,.. 10 dollars a game and all the accesories I would need puts me off the idea a bit.

Thanks for the help guys

5. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

yes but dont forget about the internet channel

6. c7015

c7015 Regular member

what advantages does the internet channel offer ....I have my pc hooked into my plasma anyway

7. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

oh well basically none for you but I am sure that once they get the final version out its going to be great

8. c7015

c7015 Regular member

would the wii have the possiblity to save photos to an SD card from the wii net ??

then I could work it into my new setup ...which would be tres dope

9. dazila

dazila Regular member

No.
    Wii will never outrun a PC in Media neither will any other console out.
    I dont like the idea of using a 128cm screen as a monitor so i stuck to my 21"inch LCD monitor but i do have a Dual monitor supporting DVI X1900XTX so the other DVi is pluges into a 68cm LCD TV in my room not in lounge though.

10. c7015

c7015 Regular member

being able to save pictures is a bit of a stretch from outrunning a PC,

if you dont like the idea of using a 42" screen use your imagination some more. its great, but not all the time since I have to keep a slideshow or screen saver going to prevent burn in. this means that I dont use the comp on the TV all the time, if I could save pictures on the wii I could have the screen saver even when my comp was not hooked up.

I put together a shit load of these desktops,there great too look at when a bunch of people are over, like a larger version of those picture frames that rotate pics. A digital painitng if you will

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/index.php?sort=date

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007