1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Much Does Each Hard Drive Get?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by StrongBad, Aug 24, 2004.

1. StrongBad

StrongBad Member

I would like to know how many game each hard drive get from 40gb-120gb. I'm still deciding on witch one do get. Thanks in advance.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Each game is different. some games are 2gb and some are 4gb and so on. Just be safe and go with a 120gb or what ever fit's in your price range.

Lets say you get a 40gb hardrive and in theory every game was 4.37gb You would only get about 8 or 9 games on that 40gb hardrive

And on the 120gb hard dirve....well you do the math, but how ever you decide to go, Good luck.

3. KainX2

KainX2 Guest

BUT most rpg games are on dvd9 format and you know what that means like xenosaga with all the stuff on the cd that game is about 8gb so if you want to use 40 gb for rpg's and newer games don't because the games are only getting bigger because the developers want to put more stuff in their games and make them look cooler

4. Xian

Xian Regular member

As geestar20 said, it depends on the game size. You might want to check the list at http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/44667
    It doesn't list newer games though.

I got about 40 games loaded on my 120g drive and still have 25g left. Some like GTA Vice City are 4.7g, others like the original Jak and Daxter are barely over a gig.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

You cannot put a dvd9 based game on the hard drive using the HDloader. It will not play, you can load it to the hard drive using the hdloader but it will not play.

Don't know about the HDadvanced but I know HDloader will not play dvd9 based games.

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you are correct, hd loader cant play dvd9 games. i don't think the other program can either.

7. torgojonz

torgojonz Guest

I may be way off, but I was under the impression that HD Loader could play the DVD9 games, just not copy them correctly to the hard drive. In other words, can't you use HDLDump or HD Handiness to get an ISO from the PC and load it to the hard drive, then put the hard drive back into the PS2 and use HD Loader to load the game?

8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

you can copy it, it just won't play and no you can't load from your pc to make an iso image and just stick back in your PS2. It doesn't work like that.

But if have any success in doing this by all meens, you need to share it with every one.

Give steps.

9. StrongBad

StrongBad Member

So are the DVD9 games double layered?

10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

11. finty101

finty101 Regular member

DVD9 games can be FTP transfered from a Computer to the HDD and loaded with HDLoader/HDAdvance.

12. mikeee431

mikeee431 Guest

Yes u can play the DVD9 games once you get the on the HD from a program like PS 2 HD handiness, or winhiip