1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much is my pc worth??

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ck44, Feb 27, 2007.

1. ck44

ck44 Member

Hi, I want to sale my computer and want to know how much it is worth. Here are the specs:

Dell Dimension 2400
    Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.60GHZ
    Windows Vista Ultimate
    1GB Ram (2 512's) DDR-PC3200U
    70 Gb HDD
    I/O Magic Internal Dvd+-RW/Cd Burner and Reader

Thanks.

2. onya

onya Guest

"The Bottom Line
    If you are willing to watch for Dell's changes on the sub-$500 configuration of the Dimension 2400, you can walk away with a very strong machine for the money"
    http://compreviews.about.com/cs/desktops/gr/aaprDellDim2400.htm

Yours is an upgraded version of this model. Getting 60% of the original purchase price would be a good starting point. This is not to say you couldn't get more. Bear in mind the fact that, what would you pay for this system second hand, knowing what the cost was?

Cheers.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

It is not really worth that much these days.
    Celeron is a cheap processor.
    DDR RAM is outdated, No graphics card.70GB hard drive is way too small. Plus you can get a new system with about the same specs (other than the amount of RAM) from Dell for about $500 (like the E591)

I would say if you can upgrade it then go for it.

4. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

i agree with steimy the amount of money you would get for that pc wouldnt really be worth it since for the same price you could build a better pc just try and upgrade it if you can

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I bought a PC like that for a family member for $350.... 3-4 years ago. I personally doubt that that PC would muster much more than $300 tops.

6. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

200 dollars, and thats only if the Vista is legit and not pirated.

7. rockinpsp

rockinpsp Guest

i whould pay say $300.00 dollars, mainly becuase the of the speed of the cpu.and the dvd burner. but i don't realy care for vista.i will go with winxp pro or windows me.any day.the reason i hate windows vista so so is because i heard people on the net can del any thing you back up! and thats what mkes windows vista suck so bad in my book!besides why whould i want a os that will erase every dvd and every music and every game i own, and backup. no point. besides whats so great about windows vista any way???????????

8. klassic

klassic Regular member

First of all Windows ME IMO was one of the worst operating systems ever. All kinds of bugs, especially in the restore components.

Can you or anyone else elaborate on the comment about files being deleted over the net? This doesn't make any sense, and highly doubt its validity.

9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Off the point.. New price (with an Nvidia graphics card) £249 They sell them as "Dell E-machines".. rubbish and unreliable.
    Therefore my maximum price for this machine has to be.. £60 (£62.50 if you take vista off it first)

If I was you I'd use it for a server, or put linux on it and use it as a test bed...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2007