1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much power can run off the motherboard uisng adapters? XCM additional fan

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by newbie234, Dec 13, 2007.

1. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

i have seen this add on fan made by XCM:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=300181287463&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

the adapter for the add-on fan attatches the dvd drive and the add on fan to the same pwoer source BUT i already have my case LED's attatched to an adapter...would i be ok to attatch 3 devices to the same 360 power supply using 2 adapters? im currently jsut using the case led's and the disc drive but if i get the add o fan it will be a fan, disc drive and led's on the same power source...is that ok? is it physically possible to use 2 of those adapters?

its not going to blow up the motherboard or fry anything is it?

thanks

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I would not recommend adding too many things to the dvd drives power source, trying to pull too much current can cause a fuse to blow on the motherboard. The best thing to do is to use the 3 pin fan header towards the front of the motherboard, you will require to do some soldering for this though. The link below has further details on how to use the 3 min connection, you can of course just solder the fans wire to the motherboard by cutting the plug off.
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=549063

3. Skinner2

Skinner2 Guest

Newbie, everyone here knows you are gonna mess your 360 up since you're not that familiar with this stuff, leave it to the professionals and don't break your 360

4. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

BTW: If you have no experience with soldering, then I would not recommend you do the soldering yourself, as its really easy to screw up the motherboard.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  5. Skinner2

Skinner2 Guest

Don't do it Newbie, break out the crowbar and open ur wallet and pay someone to do it.

6. stevety

stevety Member

yeah its not that easy to find someone to do it around your city....and why is it that every thread your a ass to people....and to call him a newbie im pretty sure that it says that under your nick name on here.....so i wouldnt even be talking

7. Skinner2

Skinner2 Guest

deleted by skinner2

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2007
  8. stevety

stevety Member

never said that it didn't say newbie under my name. and as for saying that "u're and angry f-packer" your retarded because you've never seen me and what the heck is the point in typing "u're" type the real word moron.

9. Skinner2

Skinner2 Guest

deleted by skinner2

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2007
  10. stevety

stevety Member

and flamers like you need to stay off of the forums as well then...but geuss what its not gonna happen unless the moderrater does something. and does it make you feel happy to call people a fudge packer?