1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how much should the ritek go4........

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cobra_svt, Apr 7, 2005.

1. cobra_svt

cobra_svt Regular member

hey i was wondering that if any knew how much should the ritek go4 dvd-r disk's should cost in stores or somewhere else because i saw that in this website their only 30 bucks for 100.00 us money so is that rip off or is that a good deal???

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

give us a link and maybe we could tell if they are good or not.

3. KRollie

KRollie Guest

Anyone know of a good website to buy Ritek Ridata G04's in the UK.
    I am currently using Imation dvd-r x8's which have about a 90% success rate (Fifa Street music jumps, Toca Race Driver 2 takes forever to load, NFSU2 music jerky and stops to load during play).
    I have also tried Verbitam dvd-r x8 from PC World with poor results. I use them for only backing up movies now.
    Thanks in Advance

4. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

www.ebuyer.com is where I get my discs from. I haven't seen any ritek g04's in a hwile now though... they do have the ritek g05 dye discs though, I have had 100% success with these discs on my NEC ND3520A dvd burner. they tend to sell out fairly quickly though, and at the moment they are waiting for stock.. so my advice would be to buy lots at one time, at only £5.20 or so for 25 8x dvd-r discs though that is a good deal i think... I usually buy enough to last me a few months at once.

good luck

5. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

by the way - this is for the guy from the uk. pcworld generally is very expensive, I would look for stuff on the net in future, there are a lot of good places now to buy inexpensive but good quality computer stuff.

6. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

@krollie

verbs are decent disc and i dont know about imation media.if you have more than one media acting up like that, you might look into other solutions to fix the problem than getting new media.what speed are you burning at?what prog are you using?and what is your burner model? alot of media will work fine with minor adjustments.youll find alot of people that get verb 8x to work fine with their setup.

@cobra_svt

did you mean "30pk for $100" or "$30 for 100pk".the difference being ones a steal and ones a deal.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2005
  7. KRollie

KRollie Guest

@cyepumk
    Not being cheeky here in anyway - My signature tells you most of your Question's (but for some reason after re-reading the post it is not present - sorry) - edited. I can only burn at 4x on my dvd writer for some reason. Is this because i am using x8 media.I have tried many programs like clone cd and dvd decryptor but all allow me to burn only at x4.
    Will it make that much of a difference burning at 4x and not 1x
    Another question. What is better to use with my version 9. dvd-r or dvd+r, and whats the difference. Thanks

8. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

i dont have a pioneer dvr drive(is that the same as dvd rw) so i dont know why the drive wont let you burn lower than 4x.with dvd decrypter you can adjust the read speed to compensate for the high write speed.you need you write buffer(the blue bar on decrypter) to be at 100%.
    havent used -r but +r works good.people say you get more compatibilty with -r but ive had no compatibilty problems with older dvd players.

9. KRollie

KRollie Guest

Thanks for your reply