1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

-=how much to get started the right way=-

Discussion in 'PS2' started by chewy, Oct 20, 2002.

1. chewy

chewy Guest

I want to start making back up and am trying to figure out the best road to take, but there are many roads.

To start, I dont have a dvd burner so, is there a popular model that you use.

which chip or combo do you suggest, I perfer not to do any soldering so are the no solder chips reliable and work well??

my ps2 is a 39001, so i think that means i have a v7, so i guess my only option is the Magic2 PS2 "No Swap" Mod-Chip?????????

help me out peeps

2. jk323

jk323 Guest

since ur ps2 is new and has its 90 day warranty dont split the sticker dont get the no solder mod get the swap magic discs with slide card real easy and lets u keep ur warrant intact also depends on what kind of money u got if u want something cheap and reliable go for the nec-nd1300a for about 120 with everything pionerr dvr-06 around 140-150 the memorex burner 180 and to top it off sony dru-510 if u got the money go for it that ones going as cheap as 200 bucks at newegg well good luck
    p.s. look for burners that will copy both dvd-r and dvd+r its better in the long run when dvd-r's get played out