1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Often Do I Need To Flash My Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by erik1213, May 1, 2007.

1. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

How often do I need to flash my DVD Drive in my Xbox 360? How often are there updates? Are the updates necessary? Would it affect my ability to play backups of games (online or offline) on the 360?

Thank You!!!

2. fgamer

fgamer Guest

You really only need to flash your 360 once, they don't release updates very often. Updates are usually just to fix little bugs here and there or add more features. You should be fine online with any flashed 360, that's until Microsoft decides to intervene.

3. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

is it okay after i have already flashed my drive to update the backwards compatibility from microsoft? I downloaded a copy of the original Halo NTSC version because i don't yet have the samsung dvd-rom drive that can read xbox games (it's shipping should be here friday). I couldn't wait to try and see if a burn game would work and it loaded the xbox logo but then i got an error message with the codes x: 5014.0 B: 1884.0. I looked it up online and found that it was compatibility issues, but before I update i want to be sure i won't have to re-flash my xbox drive again.

4. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Yes you can update anything even the compatibility updates, theirs really no need to reflash your drive once it's already done even if you update the compatibility you should'nt encounter any issues. Hitachi's can read Xbox 1 games if burned to DVD+R DL, but I think you'll need to make a backup from the original game disk.