1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How stupid can one be? I can`t use Pinnacle Studio 9

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by sorceress, Jan 28, 2005.

1. sorceress

sorceress Member

It`s true...I watched the tutorial and it looked so nice `n` easy. The trouble is that I know nothing about video formats. Nevertheless I captured the video (lol, I only had to click on the capture button - I chose the DV capture). I enjoyed watching the capture a couple of times, skipped the editing part because I didn`t need it and when I clicked on the 'make movie' I got a message "there is nothing to create because the current project is empty".

Heeelp!

I just want to mention, I downloaded VirtualDub and installed it but when I try to capture things it refuses to work and says "the driver is not properly installed"????

I`m probably going to laugh at this a little later but now I`m pretty clueless...no one around is familiar with these things so when I`m stuck I`m really stuck. But I kind of thought I wouldn`t stop at the very beginning...

2. driffty

driffty Member

hi,
    yes thats pretty stupid.only joking mate.if youve never used something it can be dounting at 1st.
    i think you need to drag the film clip down onto the time line,even if you dont inten to do any editing.
    but while youve got it there try a few things,it wont bite.and anything you do can so easylt be undone.
    it is a piece of cake.
    good luck

3. sorceress

sorceress Member

LOL..it worked. I tried some editing too. Now it`s time for compression but that`s for some other forum.

Thanks!