1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How the **** do you get a 700mb avi

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by muurrdock, May 21, 2004.

1. muurrdock

muurrdock Member

AHHHHHHHHHHH......im finding this ripping melarky very annoying and sooooooo time consuming try to figure things out myself.

Bsaicly i want to rip dvds to my pc and have a total size of approx 700mb but when i eventually go the perfect rip...i.e...it worked, it was 1.6g in size.

How do you get these dvds down to that size...

I Used DVD Shrink, DVD2AVI then TMPEG

can some just point me in the right direction and i will try to figure the rest out for myself.

thanks

2. muurrdock

muurrdock Member

ahha i tink i may have sorted it, will find out in 1.5hrs :)

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi muurrdock
    Using your method,your not creating avi's your creating mpeg's.
    I use to use a similar method when I didnt have a dvd burner:smartripper/dvd2avi/TMPGEnc encoder/nero=vcd (mpeg1)usually the whole movie would be well over 1gig, so id have to split it to make it fit on two cdr's.

I havent ever made a avi but heres a guide that should help you:http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/gordian_knot_ac3.cfm
    I believe all software is free on this guide.
    If this isnt what you want then do a search or check out the guides tab at the top of this page.
    good luck and welcome to the hood
    jim