1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How the FU** do I dissasemble a PS2 V2 motherboard????????????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Omega45, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Omega45

Omega45 Member

its attached to these other 2 boards ( i am pretty sure that they supply power to the motherboard), and I cant seem to figure out how the hell to get them apart. I can only see that it is held together by a power connector, and I tried to unsolder that, but I had a really hard time trying to get the solder to melt. I have to install a messiah 2 pro. Can anyone help me PLS?!?!?!?

2. Omega45

Omega45 Member

wow, u really live up to ur name, ya faggot

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

lol wow man you that desprate huh...

well you can easy take the power board off after removing the black top and bottom plastick covers you see the bare ps2 nakes and ashamed.... now there 4 screws that hold the power board remove the screws then lift the board up it goes off then remove the bay area then you get in... btw the solder points coverd by a special gel/acid that is really hard to unsolder so dont try... do what i told you then you see big metal plate that got tiny screws in it unscrew them and there you go the main ps2 board install the chip and there you go... now close it all up again and happy playing just pray you didnt killed the ps2 that is all ^_^

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Omega45, what version of PS2 do you have? Sounds an awful lot like a v1-3 in which case, those connectors are indeed soldered together and you're not likely going to be able to get them apart. I ran into the same problem with a friends unit.

PS-Looks like Noodrick is back as loud_fart.

5. Omega45

Omega45 Member

Its a version 2. The one with the massive heat sink on the motherboard. Its not attached with little tiny screws. Thats only v4-8. Ive modded other PS2'snow, its the power connectors that are holding the boards together, but they are like impossible to remove.