1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to 2.71 ta-082 to 1.50 to 3.40 AO-E Read this Dont Brick You're PSP.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by AnalogX, May 4, 2007.

1. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

Having just got my PSP (April 21st) I was able to do some research, do some reading, some more reading and was able to Install F/W v3.40 AO-E without any drama or hastle or Bricking my PSP. So I want to share this info so you dont brick you're PSP TA-082.

If you are reading this than you must have a 2.71 TA-082 PSP, if you dont know... here is how. Hold you're PSP so when you read the UMD Text on the Disc Cover, that it reads upside down and is located to the left of the Disc Cover. Now slide the latch to eject the Disc Cover look, very carefully on the inside top Lip of the PSP if you are holding it as I asked you to, you will see some text "IC1003" if you see this text you have an TA-082, if my description is not good enough I'm sure you can find pictures on the net showing this.

Now you need to carefully read and follow two articles. First article is to downgrade from 2.71 to 1.50 and Second Article is to upgrade from 1.50 to 3.40 AO-E.

Article 1: Downgrade TA-082 from v2.71 to v1.50
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/441460

Article 2: Upgrade v1.50 to 3.40 AO-E
    http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=383

I was a total PSP Newbie and I did this without bricking my PSP.

If you're not sure about any of the above, than ask before you rush and reck you're PSP.

Relax, Be Calm and read everything twice... Whats the rush anyway?

OH!! I almost forgot. I dont know if this guide would work with any other PSP Models, I only know that it works with the TA-082 which is what I have.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  2. shuye

shuye Member

Exactly what I did. I got my psp last Saturday from Fye. They had $30.00 MIR. And I bought a 4GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo at amazon.com from a seller. It was so cheap that I'm afraid it might be a fake. So before it came to my door, I bought another 2GB Sandisk Memory Stick Duo from local bestbuy store. I skipped a few classes, and downgraded then upgraded my psp. So far no problem.
    I'm a complete newbie. I remember when I connect my psp to my pc via usb the very first time, I didn't turn the psp to usb connection mode. And it took me almost half hour to figure out. lol

3. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

4. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

Actually that was the first Article I tried and I thought I had bricked my PSP, I find the newer article has too many steps and if you miss a step you can run into trouble. The Older 2006 Article is less confusing and got the job done. However I'm a newbie what do I know. :)

If people find the newer article works than go 4 it.

5. Valiente

Valiente Guest

Hey everyone, i have two quick questions and any help would be greatly appreciated. On step 4 it says "4.run the installer and it will install everything on to your MS including HEND." this means what exactly, drop the files in the um drive where you psp files are located (E drive) in the PSP and MP_ROOT opening window or what exactly? Idk how to be more vague on this lol but another thing. Step five says "5. once its finshed, navigate to the PHOTO section in the XMB and load HEND ---> NOT it may not load the first time so restart and try again. Make sure you have no UMD inserted when doing this!" I understand this step and i sort of did download the HEND File into my picture folder but i for some reason didnt get any color screen change it just freezes. Hence why i asked how exactly to do step four,maybe i downloaded it the wrong way even though i got the hend file in their along with everything else. It is just patience and i have to keep trying and trying to get the color change or what? Again any help would be appreciated thanks

6. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

2.71_TA-082_-_1.50.exe <--- Is a windows program.

Once you run it, you will be asked to give the path to you're PSP which should be in USB Mode and connected to you're PC at this point.

It will than make directories and place the files exactly where they are supposed to be. Than follow the rest of the instructions.

7. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

dude the firmware is OE-A not AO-E

8. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

9. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

hahaha. ABCD EFG...HIJKLMNOP...:)

I did say I'm a newbie ;) Just a bit fast on the fingers and didn't check, the spelling.

10. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

whats so new in 3.4 OE-A...
    i don;t wanna rush into it...cuz i got 3.03 OE-B...and i got all my custom fonts, background, and icons...
    am i gonna lose those??

lol...i kinda stopped following along with the custom firmwares...
    but ...yeah whats the benifit of the 3.40 OE-A ??

11. iyotmori

iyotmori Guest

hello analogx... i see IC6001 on the top left inside of the board of my psp.. can i know what model is that?.. and i already tried to upgrade my fw. from 2.71 down to 1.5 and directly to 3.40 OE-A.. how is the time of the process? cause mine is to long i wait for a minute and it doesnt beggin the process so i aborted the process of upgrading by turn off the power.. after that i turn on and it did boot.... can you explain what happen??? can i bring back my psp to normal?... how can i on my psp? what sould i do? plsss... help me anyone who have the knowledge of this pls help me..... i dnt know what to do..........plssssssssssssssssssssssssssss........

12. Valiente

Valiente Guest

Thanks analog ya helped me alot

13. Valiente

Valiente Guest

iyotmori what exactly is the problem? all i understood from your description is that you were not patient and you jumped the gun. Honestly are you trying to upgrade from 1.50 to 3.40 OE-A or are you still trying downgrade 2.71 to 1.50? That and whats your firmware? lol more info man. im thinking you just got stuck at the HEND part or something.

14. iyotmori

iyotmori Guest

15. iyotmori

iyotmori Guest

Hello Valiente... thanks for reading my post, i have a 2.71 fw and i heard that you can upgrade directly from 1.5 to 3.40 so i downgraded my 2.71 to 1.5 and then i upgraded it to 3.40 then when i click the 3.40 update it starts then after a minute it dosnt contenue it remains from 0%, so i decided to stop the upgrading by turning off the psp and when i turning it on it doesnt on or boot up my psp. all i can see is totally black... what a dumb ass.........:C

16. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

Damn it... I've been very busy and didnt get back to reading this thread.

When Flashing Firmware, be patient and make sure that either you're battery is fully charged or you're plugged into the A/C Adapter.

And whatever you do dont interrupt Do not turn the Poweroff.

Upgrading/Downgrading Firmware does take a few minutes.

Valiente: What is the status of you're PSP? Does it boot up?

17. Valiente

Valiente Guest

my stuff is fine analog thanx, i posted a thread about um well this

"Hey everyone, i have a psp firmware 1.50 and i love the fact that i can play old gba games, snes games, sega games and all that good stuff. Yet I really would love to play some old psx games on it. I know theirs a way to upgrade like dark alex and his share of genious work. Yet i really dont wanna loose my old emulators like the gba and so on and so forth. So i really would appreciate from all of you smart ppl out their (a little sucking up never hurt lol) if you could tell me a way for me to keep my old emulators and things of that nature but be able to play Playstation games full speed glitch free(i think)of the 3.10 and + firmwares. So any help would be appreciate and again i really just wanna keep my old emulators on it but i just wanna add to my collection playstation games. Thank u"

Since you helped me last time maybe you can give me some advice i mean i know alot more about firmwares but im just confused on that. Some ppl have given me some good tips, whatd you think i should do?

18. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

If you are happy with what you got stick with it.

not all PS1 Games are Supported... as an example my fav. game "Skull Monkeys" is not compatible with the PSP.

So do some searching and you can find the list of games that are compatible.

As well if you do a search you can find all the features available with v3.40 maybe there are features that you might want or not want.

Only upgrade if you really need to

19. Valiente

Valiente Guest

yeah your probably right, thanks analog

20. neonate

neonate Member

Have a TA-082 PSP but FW is 2.6. Will the 2.71 downgrader work? Cant find anything to show that a TA-082 exists.... I have one.