1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Activate Windows 8.1 Enterpriese Edition

Discussion in 'Windows 8 discussion' started by 4POD, Dec 15, 2014.

1. 4POD

4POD Member

Hi there
    I have a genuine Windows 8.1 Enterprise software activation key and I'm wondering is it possible to use it with an ISO I downloaded from a torrent or is it possible to download Win 8.1 Enterprise unactivated and then use the key to activate?

4POD

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Key would have to correspond with version it was meant for & possibly region.It may also be tied to hardware that was originally installed at first activation unless it's a retail copy & not oem

edit:if you own the key & don't get any joy use a crack

3. 4POD

4POD Member

The key is from a corporate Windows 8 Enterprise build 9200 Lenovo laptop that I have and I was wondering if it would be possible to use that key for another build, don't know exactly how the encryption works but was able to build XP machines in the past with a similar key. Would I need to get a copy of that Win 8 build to complete the activation.
    Thanks for your help.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try the iso with the key to see what happens but try to stay within the same chipset as laptop as in intel, amd or NVidia.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If you still have the laptop & it's working a fast way round it would be to create a differential backup image to deploy to new hardware.What it does is include everything except drivers or doesn't deploy the drivers til the OS boots & detects them,downside is having to download the required missing drivers tho most will be standardized like usb,ethernet etc