1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to add the color black to theme on PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by taurusx77, Jul 12, 2007.

1. taurusx77

taurusx77 Guest

Guys !!! I got 3.40 OE installed. All I want to do is change the background color... Do you know when you click on "themes" on the PSP menu it gives you 12 colors for each month? Well, I want to just add the color black to it. Is there any way I can do that? Thanks !!!

2. Bond8

Bond8 Member

Couldn't you just get an all black picture to display on your background.

3. h117

h117 Member

I think he wants the waves on the black screen, look around on the internets using google.

4. taurusx77

taurusx77 Guest

You are right! I already have a waves theme but I want a black background to go with it. Any ideas?

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Go to flash0 -> vhs -> resources,
    inside you will see a 01-12.pgn
    it's the background theme. Just add a all black to that.

Backup Flash0 before attempting this.

6. taurusx77

taurusx77 Guest

How do you backup flash0?

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I might have something you would be interested in...Do a search for the Black32-(Encore4) theme....It is bad-ass!!

But to answer your question..
    1)Power off your PSP completely-holding power switch up for about a 5 count..
    2)While turning your PSP back on, hold down the R trigger button
    3)You should now be presented with a blue screen that says "recovery mode" and an menu...
    4)Scroll to "Advanced" and select that
    5)Scroll to "Toggle USB (flash0)" and select that-(You will need to have your PSP connected to the computer first)
    6)A window should pop up showing your folders that are in the flash0
    7)Create a new folder on your computer named "flash0 backup" Select all of the folders and copy them to the folder you just created on your computer-keep this safe, as you may need it later..
    8)When you are done backing up your flash, just select back on the PSP menu which will take you to the main menu-then scroll to exit..your PSP will restart.

EDIT* One more thing to mention-When playing around with themes and icons-NEVER delete anything from your flash0 on your PSP...It is OK to copy/paste and overwrite files but do NOT delete them-You can render your PSP unusable...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  8. taurusx77

taurusx77 Guest

dEEz_nUtz, thanks for the reply. Now I know, thanks to you, how to backup my flash0.

However, I STILL CAN'T PLAY VIDEOS! I've tried installing PSPlayer. When I upload an AVI or MPEG, I experience sound ONLY - and no video. I've also tried to convert my videos to MPEG using PSPVideo9, and still, NOTHING! I'm at my wits end. I need a solution. dEEz_nUtz, I value your intelligent opinion and need your help big time, buddy... please help!

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Well I appreciate that..I do what I can to help.

Seeing that you have recently upgraded your firmware-have you also formatted your memory stick at all?

First, you want to save any data like game saves or isos you dont want to lose that you have on your memory stick to your computer-then go ahead and format your memory stick via the system settings menu. When you format your memory stick, it does two things-it clears out the installer files from upgrading/downgrading which you no longer need-and also creates the proper file directory for your PSP.

Once you have formatted your memory stick, you can put your videos in the VIDEO folder on your memory stick..They need to be converted to MP4 first though, and this can be done with PSPVideo9..
    Hope this helps..

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  10. taurusx77

taurusx77 Guest

dEEz_nUtz, thanks for your answer. I have come up sith a solution to my PSP video playing dilemma, thank god! Anyway, thanks for all of your help and input when I needed them. Take care, bro' !!!!!

11. taurusx77

taurusx77 Guest

dEEz_nUtz, thanks for your answer. I have come up sith a solution to my PSP video playing dilemma, thank god! Anyway, thanks for all of your help and input when I needed them. Take care, bro' !!!!!

12. taurusx77

taurusx77 Guest

13. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

No problem...Did you get your other issue resolved with your black backgound?? I was thinking theres also a PS3 theme that has an all black background with white waves and icons thats pretty cool also...If anything you could at least use the background bitmap..Let me know, I can send it to you..