1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to back up protected dvd's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TimmyR41, Jan 27, 2005.

1. TimmyR41

TimmyR41 Member

ok so i just got my dvd burner installed this afternoon and i tried to make my first backup of a dvd and it told me the dvd was protected........then i tried 3 or 4 other dvd's and they all said they were protected......i'm sure there is a way to get around that i just dont' know what it is so if someone could let me know that would be great....i would really like to back up my dvd's........thanks for the info

2. dvd_tim

dvd_tim Member

i assume you are using the software that came with your dvd burner. If you want to use that software i suggest getting "anydvd" and running it while you are burning with your software. or you can look at other software there is alot of it out there some break the protection some don't. One of the most common and well recommended is "dvd shrink" and it's FREE !!!!!

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

The latest version of DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, which are both free and available from this site, are all you need to get started.
    Many users here only use these two programs. You may need AnyDVD, but I wouldn't rush out and buy it yet, I would see how you went first.

4. delafoo

delafoo Guest

DVDX copy is pretty good too. You can get it on e-bay or a peer to peer network. However, if you are to risk obtaining it from a P2P, you should be prepared to handle a virus or a trojan, as many of the non zip exe files on p2ps are viral.

bb

5. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

God! Just go with DVDD and Shrink. They're free and do everything you need them to. Anybody who spends money of dvd burning software is a sucker.