1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Backup a DVD9 to two DVD5 disks

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by grimtaz, Sep 1, 2004.

1. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

After hours of searching forums and varios ps2 sites I have finally figured it out. I have successfully backed up Champions of Norrath onto 2 DVDs. I used three different guides as each guide on it's own wasn't enough. So i am in the middle of joining them up into 1 guide. I will post it shortly... This was my first attempt to backup a DVD9 so like most out there it was all new to me. There are 3 programs which you will need:

1. Isobuster (Or UltraIso, Isoedit)
    2. Winhex
    3. Sony CD/DVD Generator (V1.20 or V1.50)

I got them all through using emule. They are pretty small files so if you are desperate I can email you a copy.

I will explain how to use each program. So watch this space. I'll post the guide today at some stage.

Note: You will still need either Swapmagic or a mod chip to play the backup copies.

GriMTaZ

2. mugz

mugz Member

I was wondering if you has link to your guide. I am assumming you have to have a dual layer DVD burner to back-up the game. I do not have but they are so cheap now I would be willing to buy one. Saw one for $36, it was only 4x but that is about what I write my games anyways.

If you could send me a link for your guide or email me.

Also would you happen to have these files?
    1.Disc ID Insertor V2.01
    2.Image Patcher V1.6
    3.Disc ID Utility V0.2A

I enjoy modding and doing all these cool things to the PS2 and I wanted to try the online capabilty for NCAA. Then I want to try the DVD9 to DVD5. Even if I do get it to work I think will play original copy just b/c I think it runs smoother and loads better even if you make a really good back-up.

muggzz69@yahoo.com

Thank a lot.
    mugz

3. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

HI I have the same problems with dvd9 games can you send me the programs and the link of the guide please it will be very apreciated.
    Thanks my email is ro_drigo69@hotmail.com

4. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

Sure no problem I'll upload the stuff to a web page and you can download it all from there. I'll post the link as soon as I have finished.

You dont need a dual layer dvd writer.

5. Robj314

Robj314 Member

can you send me one two, cause i am trying the guy game but dont know how. Thanx

6. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  7. Robj314

Robj314 Member

hey great guide man thanx, right now i am trying the guy game, but i have a problem in the guide, after creating the layer1 or disk2 file of extraction, the line where it says on your guide

"Now open up the original ISO file you made with DVD Decrypter and extract all visible files into a folder named for Disk 1 eg. Norrath1"

does that mean take the full .ISO file of the guy game (8 GIGs) and extract the files with ISOBuster like it was done to make folder DISK2, or use DVD Decrypter, cause i can't extract the visible files in DVD encrypter with my original ISO. I hope you can help me out. once again great guide.

8. BenB1987

BenB1987 Member

mugz could you tell me where you saw a dual layer dvd writer for $36 jeers

9. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

Robj314 - When you look at the first complete iso created with DVD Decrypter in IsoBuster the files you see will be only disk 1 as the second layer is hidden. Select and extract the files/directories from the right window. Also the second layer only contains video so I would create the disks without copying any files from one to the other. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  10. Jerman

Jerman Member

That link is all messed up for me....

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working now. Looks awesome, can't wait to try it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 V7
    Matrix Infinity Chip
    Plextor PX-708UF External DVD Re/Writable Combo Drive
    LG DVD-ROM DRD8160B Internal Drive
    Fujifilm DVD-R
    Nero Burning ROM 6.5 w/ NeroVision Express
    Alcohol 120%
    DVD Decrypter[/small]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  11. Robj314

Robj314 Member

Grim thanx alot, ill try it, i just have i guess one last problem, when i downloaded the PS2CD-DVDGen software from your site, and run the setup.exe, i get this message
    "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows application. Choose close to terminate the application. "

have you ever had that problem, some people said it was a .dll file missing or somthing, if it is do you have it.
    send me it to Robj314@hotmail.com, and thanx for you help, if i get the guy game to work ill post the instructions.

12. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

Robj314 What operating system are you running? Is it Windows XP?

13. Robj314

Robj314 Member

yes it is why?

14. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

To resolve it try this:

Go into My Compter > Local Disk C > Windows > System32
    Find the AUTOEXEC.NT file right click on it and select properties then change it's Attribute at the bottom to Read Only. Click OK. If you still have no luck. The next step would be to insert the Windows XP cd. Go to Start > Run and type in cmd and press enter. At the command prompt type in sfc /scannow and press enter. It will scan your system files and restore any corrupt files from the Windows XP CD. SFC = System File Checker.

15. Robj314

Robj314 Member

it worked, great thanx alot man for all your help, so i guess when i run it i pick dvd master (single layer and put all the files in one by one, just like genesis cd making,but what if i dont have all the files that was on your list

" SYSTEM.CNF, SLUS_205.65, NTGUI2.ELF, CONF, DATA, DATA2, MODULES, MODULES2, NETGUI, NGC"

what do i do

16. Robj314

Robj314 Member

also when i run the rec button, it says ASPI Manager failed, i think that im missing a .DLL file, caus ei read it somewhere, it is called wnaspi.dll it is a fix i guess but i looked around and can't find it. any suggestions

17. Robj314

Robj314 Member

thanx i actually got it to work now, so im gonna try burning it and ill tell you if it works out. thanx again

18. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

yes please do. i would like to if it works. thanks. odb

19. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

If you are doing Champions of Norrath you should have those files. It does say to ignore the errors you get in CD/DVD Generator You dont need an ASPI manager.

The most important file on the DVD is if it's US it will be a SLUS 6525 or for PAL SLES 6525, of course the numbers will be different for each game.

If it doesnt work send me a list of the files you have in each folder.

20. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

A few people out there are trying to backup The Guy Game. When you extract the image from the origianl disk using DVD Decrypter you get three files .100 .001 and .MDS not just a single .iso file & .MDS

Iso buster can open an image by using the .iso file or by using the .MDS file.

If anyone else has successfully backed this game up could you please let us know and perhaps I could add it to the guide for the benefit of others :)