1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to backup Data dvd-9 to dvd-5

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rho215, Apr 16, 2005.

1. rho215

rho215 Member

This is my fisrst time posting. Any help is greatly appreciated,
    I've recently bought a program on dvd with 7.4 gig of data, i want to make a backup copy, don't know which program to use...i've tried DVD dycryp., and dvd shrink with no success... Please help
    Thank you.

2. colw

colw Active member

Try the guides section at top of this page - DVD Decrypter and DVD Shirnk are all you should need.

Make sure you are using latest versions - downloadable through software tab.

3. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Greetings and welcome to AD!!! :) You will find a vast amount of information on various subjects relating to DVD DivX CD or just about anything audio/video related. As a first-timer, let me introduce you to a very close friend of mine, Mr. Search. Say Hello Mr. Search....

Mr. Search: Hello

Mr. Search is my best friend here, he helps me find stuff that has probably been covered in a thread before. He basically saves you A LOT of time and trouble, tis why I love him so much. I use him every chance I get. He never complains or whines, and helps me out everytime. He even has his own little link at the top of the page. Now he really prefers being casual so he just goes by Search at the top of the page. ;)

Anyway, two things you'll need to do to solve your predicament:
    1. Get DVD Shrink. Since you said you tried that, it's a safe bet you've already accomplished this step.

2. Read the excellent guide in the "Guides" section for backing up DVD9 to DVD5. It uses Shrink and is very easy to follow. Hehe even for me!! :)

That's it! You follow my foolproof plan and you'll be backing up your collection in no time!

Once again welcome to AD, happy trails!

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hmmm...i don't know about you all, but i'm picking up that rho is trying to back up a data dvd, not a movie. as in a program on the dvd or something along those lines, right, rho? in that case, you need a dual-layer burner and a blank dual-layer disc, cuz data itself isn't really compressible outside of movies and music.

5. rho215

rho215 Member

I'm sorry for not explaining better. The DVD i am trying to backup is Data not movie.

6. colw

colw Active member

Tks Auslander - completely missed the data bit.

Sounds like dual layer would be the way to go.

Somewhat depends on what type of data it is and intended purpose.

If it is Word, Excel type data it could be zipped and then reburnt to a DVD5.