1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to backup Devil May Cry?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pitimor, Feb 1, 2007.

1. pitimor

pitimor Guest

Hi. I tried do backup NTSC Devil May Cry. I have PAL PS2 with Swap Magic 3.6. Somewhere I read that DMC works without rebuilding. So I burnt it with DVD Decrypter. And when I boot it, sometimes it shows "This game contains scenes of explict violence and gore" or something like that and nothing, but usually it only shows CAPCOM logo and then nothing. So I rebuilt it with ExPERT 1.05 and burnt it. This time only black screen. Can someone know how to backup this game? Thanks in advance.

P.S Sorry for bad english if there are errors.

2. reamhole

reamhole Member

I have the same problem exactly, there must be a simple solution to this that people on this forum are aware of, so how come no-one has bothered to answer this guy?

3. jolimule

jolimule Member

I also have the same probleme and so after READ some posts, i figured that it's better to have the original disc since it's a big TOC or you must have a even bigger TOC somewhere.

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Press start as soon as that warning screen hits and the game will start. If you wait until the screen gets all the way up the it's going to lock up. I got it working with swap magic 3.6 by doing that and burning it with DVD Decrypter at the slowest speed. No rebuilding is needed. In fact if you rebuild it you will just get a black screen. It took me a couple of hours and 5-6 blank DVD-Rs to figure this all out.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  5. reamhole

reamhole Member

Thanks. I'll try this later. At last a reply from somebody on this forum that is actually helpful. Thank you Memnock.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007