1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to backup "Friends" season1 using DVDXCOPY?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by cjwillie, Feb 16, 2003.

1. cjwillie

cjwillie Guest

It says will fit on 1dvd if all special features and menu are left out but there are 6 episodes one 1 disc running at 20+mins each an episode, thats 2 hours on one dvd, will this work or will it not or is there another way to backup my so called "friends"???

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

If DVDXCOPY shows less than 4.35GB for the main titles after the extras are trimmed off, then there shouldn't be a problem. They're probably using lower bitarates to fit all 6 episodes on a single-layer disc.

Try using a RW media if you feel like testing it first.

jnihil.

3. robie

robie Member

Easier to use dvd95Copy

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Easier than DVD2One, IFO Edit, DVD2One MakeItEasy? I don't own a dvd burner (yet), just curious?

Shoey

5. tim_k

tim_k Member

DVDXcopy has a problem with episodisc's. I've had more luck using dvddecrpyter and Instant Copy.

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Any dvd software will have problems with episodes because the dvd contains more than 1 ifo. Only way to rip episodes is to rip them seperate (that I'm aware of), unless somebody knows the bypass?

Shoey

7. eetupoika

eetupoika Member

Are there any guides on how to smartly rip episodiscs and burn dvd-r's?

which tools should i use?

if i use smartripper to rip the episodes only (omitting everything else), which tools do i use to burn the episodes back to a dvd-r?

thanks in advance!

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I have a link to an "Idiot's Guide On How to Backup Episodes", but pertains to dvd-r. Look at the link as a general guideline (for ripping) and you'll see how this process is done. You can use DVD2One or DVD95Copy and still make VCD, SVCD backups with your favorite program. I already tested them both, encrypted files, then converted to SVCD and video quality is just as good compared to the "proper" method>

"Idiot's guide to ripping episode":
    http://www.neophile.net/~hammer/index.htm

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2003