1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to backup ps2 games using 1X speed?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by orangutan, Dec 23, 2003.

1. orangutan

orangutan Guest

guys, been reading a lot about people recommending backing up ps2 dvd-based games on 1X speed. my burner, however, can only burn at either 2X or 4X. i am using LITE-ON LDW-411S. i have researched through several dvd burners like the latest from plextor and sony and i dont see the specs mentioning the ability to burn at 1X. how did you guys do it at 1X? is it the media? i dont even see stores selling dvd-r media compatible with 1X, only 2X the least.

sincerely,
    orangutan

2. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] i'm not sure about this but if you're usin nero u can change the burnin speed to 1x.[/bold]

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Don't worry about it if it's for CD's. If it's DVD's and it doesn't work (the backup) then you need to check your hardware setup (ide chain) and the software you are using i.e. cracked & patched illegal software has been known to give problems (not that I am implying you are but it does happen) OR old software.

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

nero can let you pick the speed... depending on what dvd you use.... 120% lets you pick all speeds(depending on the burner)no matter what dvd you use... be adviced tho... if the dvd dosent support the speed it will come out bad.... as for the burner you use try getting the specs of it.... and if im right the burner suopports only 2.4 and 4x speed... so if its the case.... then use 2x you can also use hacked firmwares... as i use in my pionner... it makes the drive region free and adds support for dvd's that blocked...

5. orangutan

orangutan Guest

thank you guys for the explanation. i forgot to mention that i use nero 6 to backup the game. on the "writing option", there are only 2X or 4X. perhaps my lite-on burner does not support writing at 1X. so Cyprien, does your pioneer with nero(assuming you are using it) support writing at 1X?

sincerely,
    orangutan

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

YES MA'AM!! i mean SIR!! it does have 1x 2x and 4x {^_^}