1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to backup SecuROM 4.8.3 withAlcohol 120%

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Shoey, Jul 28, 2003.

1. fatty

fatty Member

I'm new to this game copying stuff. I just purchased a 2 sheepburner. It is a Liteon LTR-52327S and I was wondering how u back up Jedi Academy with the securom new 4.x? How do u make a working copy without the need of rmps emulation enabled in alcohol?

2. fatty

fatty Member

jedi academy has a securom new v4.84.84.0020 I need to know how to back this up without the aid of RMPS emulation. Thanks shoey. My friend was able to do it and cant remember how.

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Fatty,
    Follow the guide I provided as you don't use rmps emulation m8. Your other option would be to use BlindWrite 5.

Shoey :)

4. fatty

fatty Member

Shoey,
    I thought blindwrite 5 was just for the plextor premium?
    The image file I got is an .MDS Alcohol 120% file and I dont have the cd cuz I'm letting my friend borrow it but can I mount on the device and make .ccd from that. Oh yeah and to use BWA Builder 5, you need the registered version of BW 5.

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

This isn't true as when one writes using BlindWrite 5 with a Plex Premium, one can see in the BW5 log it shows the Plex Premium writing "VariRec". If burning with any other burner, one can see in the BW5 log that it writes "TwinPeak".

Not true m8 as you can go to the VSO (BlindWrite) website and download BWA Builder seperatly.

6. fatty

fatty Member

Quote: Not true m8 as you can go to the VSO (BlindWrite) website and download BWA Builder seperatly.
    NEW !!! BWABuilder for Blindwrite 5 Download now ( for registered user only ! )
    And what do I do about the .mds file i have? I dont have a .ccd file. Can I mount it on a device and get an image from that?

7. fatty

fatty Member

thanx shoey but now I know how to make working back ups-
    this is for u
    http://www.ineedtoreadforumrulesagain.com
    this is how I did it and thats as close as you'll ever get and it eliminates securom totally.
    good luck!!!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2004
  8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Another post like this and well... I think you can guess the rest.

9. suprninja

suprninja Member

Shoey, I followed your instructions exactly as you have them posted and when i was trying to burn the image at the end it gave me this error message

12:48:47 Processor info: AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2500+ (2275MHz)
    12:48:47 Memory Available to Windows: 523,808 KB
    12:48:47 Memory Buffer size: 128 MB
    12:48:48 Image file loading: H:\Games\NWNGold\patched.ccd
    12:48:48 Source Info: Session: 1, Track: 1, Length: 625.4 MB / 071:09:05
    12:48:51 (D:) PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D (2:0): Recording Method/Speed
    12:48:52 Recording - RAW DAO - 4X (600 KB/Sec)
    (D:) PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D (2:0): RAW DAO Write Mode - RAW-PW(96)
    12:48:54 (D:) PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D (2:0): BURN-Free activated
    12:55:00 (D:) PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D (2:0) - [Write ERROR] LBA: 95200, Length: 16
    S:KEY - 03/0C/00 - "Write Error"
    12:55:00 (D:) PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D (2:0): Recording failed!
    12:55:00 Error message: [03/0C/00] - Write Error
    12:55:00 (D:) PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D (2:0): Recording failed!
    12:55:00 Image file loading aborted!
    12:55:03 Something is wrong with the recording procedure!
    Please check the log file and report any errors to Technical Support.

Do you have any advice?

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Thanks for posting your log m8! I can't tell what program you used? If you used CloneCD then try Alcohol 120 as it supports CloneCD file format (.ccd)
    Also try different brand media...

11. suprninja

suprninja Member

I was using alcohol 120, and now i got it to work using a different media type. your guide was awesome

12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Why thank you very kindly m8, deeply appreciated. Blindwrite 5 is the better program for backing up SecuROM 4.8.x as this new version automatically creates topo(BWA file) for you. Latest Blindwrite 5 5.07 has "topo" bugs but VSO has provided a link for a rollback version (Blindwrite 5 5.01) Remember to create a "true image" of the SecuROM "play disc" and lable "install disc". I hope I didn't confuse you m8 as the backup you just made (TwinPeak) should be labeled "play disc".

Blindwrite 5 5.01:http://vso.nerim.net/BlindWrite5_setup_51.exe

13. drspangle

drspangle Member

Hi, I`ve just gone through your guide to make a backup of KotOR, but once I put the copy of the CD in, the HDD activation light goes on for about 10 seconds, as well as the CD being read. After a while an error pops up saying

"Only Part of the ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed"

This error comes up every time I try and run the autoplay.exe. If I run setup.exe it sits reading the HDD and the CD for a while, eventually giving a CRC error. I`ve burned it twice, once at 12x the second at 4x using 2 different BWA files. The original and the actual patched Image files work without a hickup.

I`m using an Asus 5224A, and TDK media. Any Idea`s?

Thanks

14. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I'm not persuaded it's the brand name media you're using m8. Try Blindwrite 5 5.1 using both drives to create topo(BWA files) and burn two "play discs" and see if they will launch from both of your drives. If all else fails then download Blindwrite Suite 4.5.7 at VSO main website as I've had the best success with BW 4.x backing up SecuROM 4.8.x.

Blindwrite Suite 4.5.7:http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712,CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+,Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700),nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR),Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd,WD 80 gig external USB 2.0 [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2004
  15. drspangle

drspangle Member

Well I made a copy with BLindwrtie 5.1 which doesnt give the same trouble as before, but when I try and play it 'times out' on the cd check before the game.

Am I on the right trak? Can I force Blindwrite to read slower, adn if so, could that be the solution?

16. Shoey

Shoey Guest

What Blindwrite Tweaker settings did you use m8?

You really don't need to use Blindwrite Tweaker to read the image, just launch Blindwrite Tweaker when you go to burn and in Topo tab folder, set to Automatic. Please post your BW5 log located in(by default install: C:\Program Files\VSO\Blindwrite 5\BW5 text log. Copy& paste the log content in your reply post.

17. drspangle

drspangle Member

Blindwrite tweaker? :S

18. Shoey

Shoey Guest