1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to backup SecuROM 4.84.69.0071 without emulation and a good cd quality (functional CD)

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Treechit, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Treechit

Treechit Member

Tools you'll need

[bold]1. BlindWrite Suite[/bold]
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~cahuzak/Software/BlindWriteSuite.zip
    [bold]2a. CloneCD[/bold]
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~cahuzak/Software/CloneCDv4.2.0.2.exe
    [bold]2b. CloneCD[/bold]
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~cahuzak/Software/Profiles.zip
    [bold]3. CloneXXL[/bold] (cd scanner that determines what cd protection is on the cd\image)
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~cahuzak/Software/ClonyXXL.zip

First of all.
    I have read a lot of guides over the internet. But all of them are not good to make a replication 1:1 of a SecuROM 4.84.69.0071 protection. I saw articles they wrote: Oh no no! We're beaten and the copy protection win! That's not Treu! I thought! And a guide that let you make bad CD's so you can take te CD's and feed your trash bin. Everything is to be replicate. If it isn't then will be no CD! It's not magical! So that's why I write a guide.
    ===============================================
    1. Start by making an image of the play cd of the game you want to copy. The datatype setting to use is a normal standard CloneCD profile ,,Game CD''. Reading speed doesn’t matter. Max speed will be fine. [Note: If the game has more than one cd, the only one that will be protected will be the one that has to be in the drive to play the game. The other cd/s can be copied by just using your favorite general burning software (Nero, burnatonce) without any special settings.
    [​IMG]

2. Then either download a bwa file for the cd you want to copy or use blindwrite's bwa builder to make your own. If you're able to download a bwa file, then you can go to step 4 and rename the .BWA file using the same name of the dumped image and put it in the same directory of the image. This is very important in order to load the .BWA file when burning the dumped image on a new CD-R with blindwrite! If you don't then you can make it and go to the next step. Don't patch anything! We want a perfect 1:1 replication! And if you proceed straight to patching with Alcoholer 4x\TwinCreator or Twinpeaker then you get BAD Images. And bad CD's (results}. In a lot of guides I saw this actions. This must be banned. The maker of Twinpeaker doesn't know his own settings to get good results so he's a loser and is a bad software maker.

3. To make a bwa file, you need to use blindwrite's Physical CD Characteristic Dumper (a.k.a. BWA Builder). There is a way to use the bwa builder to make a good bwa file. Once you've put the play cd into your chosen reader, start the bwa builder. Select the reader, if you've got more than one, and speed. Low speeds (1x to 4x) usually work best but not always so experiment and see what works best for you and then click start. You'll then be asked if you want the program to set the last sector automatically. Either say yes if you want the bwa builder to analyze the whole cd.
    When it's finished, ,the graph will show a fairly smooth curve with only one or two spikes and preferably none. Don't worry if you can't get the perfect spikeless curves as not everyone is going to be able to achieve his flawless results. If there are only one or two spikes the copy will still work ok, particularly if the spikes aren't in the first 50,000 sectors (the copy will probably be a little slower to verify than one made with a spikeless bwa file but it will still work). [Tip: Don't terminate the analysis just because a number of spikes appear on the graph while the analysis is proceeding. Wait until it's finished because most all of them will be eliminated by the bwa builder as it completes the process. If there's a lot of spikes in the graph, don't bother with it. It won't work. Try again and if you again get a bad graph try at a different speed or with a different reader. Once you get one that looks ok, click on file and then save BWA to save the file. Warning save the .BWA file using the same name of the dumped image and put it in the same directory of the image. This is very important in order to load the .BWA file when burning the dumped image on a new CD-R with blindwrite!
    [​IMG]

4. Now you're ready to burn your back-up copy.
    Just start blindwrite suite’s image burning wizard and select your image {Example: image.cue}
    [​IMG]

Next screen: Press ,,start'' to let blindwrite check the image.
    [​IMG]

Next screen: You must select DAO Pw and writing speed at 1x. And put a empty cd in your burner and let's rock and roll! Press ,,go''
    Before burning you'll be warned that the image size doesn't match the lead-out specified in the toc and you'll be given three burning options. The first option is correct: "Keep TOC as on source cd, write until end of image file".
    [​IMG]

Conclusion:
    We have now a perfect 1:1 backup of the SecuROM 4.84.69.0071 protection!
    Look at my graphs: 1 is from the orginal play CD (the red line) and one from the CD-R (the green line). The same he? No! The CD-R have the same line but almost without spikes in the graph (spikeless). So CD-R with copy protection is very fast to verify the encrypted data code (SecuROM 4.84.69.0071). You can install the game or software also from de made CD-R. Because you haven't patched anything. There's no emultaion needed or clonecd tray to hide the cd-r media.
    [​IMG]

Good Luck!

Treechit

2. Treechit

Treechit Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2003
  3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Not a bad guide at all m8, however, you've made some statements that are not neccessarily true. To begin with, backing up SecuROM 4.8.3&up using the "twinpeak" write method, "the labeled play disc" won't launch from every dvd\cd-rom\dvd\cdrw m8.

The only drive at present that can make a 1:1 backup of SecuROM 4.8.3& up is the Plex Premium (52\32\52x) cd burner as this drive write VariRec, not twinpeak thus eliminating the need of making an "install disc" as the backup made with the Plex Premium is labeled install\play disc.

Reading pc game protection such as SecuROM 4.x& Safedisc 2.x should be read at low speeds, preferably 16-24x . This is a widespread topic debate but through my years of backing up cd protection, I've learned that by reading (dumping the cd protected image) at lower speeds produces less coasters.

You must save the bwa file exactly like the cd volume name of the SecuROM protected cd. Example; Unreal Tournament 2003 (cd 1) is SecuROM 4.8.3 cd protected. You save the bwa file like this: UT2003_CD1

Where do you come up with such nonsense m8? Many people have used the CloneCD\Twinpeak Tool method and their backups play flawlessy! My backups of SecuROM 4.8.3& 4.8.4 (UT 2003\Republic: The Revolution) using the CloneCD\Twinpeak Tool method work flawlessly in all the drives I own!

You failed to mention when reading(dumping) the SecuROM protected cd that you must enable read sub-q channel data m8.

Prator and I are getting ready to launch a guide for the anticipated release of Blindwrite Suite 5.0 (public release). You can download Blindwrite 5 Beta (trial) along with Blindwrite 5 Tweaker here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/54042

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2003