1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW to backup WII GAMES.(guide)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by bunny_c, Feb 21, 2007.

1. josh1122

josh1122 Member

hey, ive got my ISO's from rawdump and all but now i cannot figure out how to burn it, ive read the guide with nero/clonecd to burn it but when i did that i just get an error message that wii cannot read the disc and it needs to be restarted and to check the trouble shoot/instruction manual(im using wiinja v2).

Over on the wiinja forum,people have been telling me for Sony DVD+R discs i need to set ''booktype''. I do not know what that means. They also said i had to ''flash'' my drive and i have no clue what that means because I have a Sony DW-U14A 2.0e

Anyone help me out? should i keep trying to use Sony DVD+R's or just go with -R's

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  2. VDUBZ

VDUBZ Member

I read that you can play Wii backups off of an external HDD, you just leave it in the ISO format. Does anyone know if this is true?

3. cp1966

cp1966 Regular member

Dude, you name the model number LG-8164B, but the link returns model GDR-8164BB....

And its ONLY $17.99!

Is the GDR-8164BB the right one? (or perhaps a black model?)

Thanks for the great info.

4. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

5. bludrein

bludrein Member

thank you bunny C .. I have just ordered the LG drive.. I would like to ask one thing..I am sorry I can not find any info on this... so before I assume that it will work...let me ask... can you use any dvd burner as long as you set it at the correct speed?... thank you for all answers..

6. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

I notice you say that an LG drive is needed and you give a link to an lg dvd-rom, not an rw drive. do you just need an lg drive to make the image and will any burner work to burn it?

7. der6495

der6495 Member

Yes, you need the specific LG drive to make the Wii disc image. Then you may use any DVD burner to burn the image to a 4.7 GB DVD.

8. cp1966

cp1966 Regular member

I just ordered mine from Newegg as well. Now I just need to get the latest modchip, I forget the name right now, and get it installed.

One thing I did not see, maybe I missed it somewhere....

What DVD format is suggested, +R or -R?

9. jason6813

jason6813 Member

I just received a LG 8164BK and seems to dump the image successfully. The size is exactly as described in the guide. However, after burn the DVD using Nero 6.6.0.8, the DVD disk can not be read by Wii console. I am using NEC DVD_RW ND-2550A DVD writer and Memorex DVD+R 8X. The writing speed is 2X. Any suggestion for troubleshooting? Thanks. By the way, the game I backup is Wii Sport.

10. JOSh765

JOSh765 Regular member

I dont wanna sound rude here, but . . .
    Have you modded your wii?

The backups wont just play, the wii has to be modded.

-Josh

11. cp1966

cp1966 Regular member

The Wiikey, I believe is the latest & best modchip?

12. jason6813

jason6813 Member

Josh,
    I did not mod my Wii yet, and should read the article more carefully. Just ordered Wiikey adn will post my experience when it is installed. Thanks and I don't feel you are rude at all.

13. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

No you can't.
    you need any one of the burners suggested in the tutorial.

14. bludrein

bludrein Member

Bunny C
    I have read thru the tutorial several times and it mentions the correct LG drive but I do not see any information on which burner to use.. another member said we could use any burner..Please elaborate on which burner I should use.. my LG drive will come in by Monday and my Wiikey should get here next week .. I would like to have a couple of backups ready .. thank you for your help..

15. der6495

der6495 Member

Yes, I am also confused at your comments bunny_c. You said any DVD burner will work to BURN the ISO images, you just need the specific LG drive to READ the Wii disc to make the image.

16. EngBare

EngBare Guest

How do! Using the correct LG drive and it reads the wii dvd's fine - problem is though when the Disc is reported to be 13 minutes away from complete an .net error occurs stating that the destination drive is full (basically not enougth room on the hard disk) - however there is over 21gb free on the drive so clearly this error is reported uncorrectly - anybody expereienced the same problem and knows of a fix?

17. cp1966

cp1966 Regular member

Bunny, you mentioned in the first post on this thread which DVD drive to use, and those models are DVD ROM drives (read), and the reply you posted above says the burning can be done with any dvd drive. I think most of us are under the belief that you meant any dvd burner can be used to burn.

And should +R or -R be used?

18. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

I'm sorry I've been confusing;

To dump games you need any of the listed drives

"LG-8164b
    LG-8163b
    LG-8162b
    LG-8161b"

To burn games to a dvd you can use any dvd drive,you don't need one of the listed ones.

I'm sorry for the confusion i created.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2007
  19. bludrein

bludrein Member

bunny C

no sorry needed.. your tuturial was the only one I found that was easy to understand.. thank you for your help... I will be getting my things next week .. I hope.. I now feel confident that I can follow the steps and get the proper results..

20. quikamber

quikamber Regular member

I need some help, in Nero Burning ROM, in the burning compilation under the burn tab, there is no way to select a burn speed, there is only write method and number of copies. Please help.

Thanks for the great guide