1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW to backup WII GAMES.(guide)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by bunny_c, Feb 21, 2007.

1. hotchef

hotchef Member

has anyone foprund a drive in the UK

thanks

chef

2. hotchef

hotchef Member

GDR8164B

is this the uk version of the drive?

chef

3. Trypsta

Trypsta Member

ok i have one more question... every site or forum i go to says to use 30 awg wires.. but i cant find any in the stores near my area.. does it matter what wires i use to install my modchip? because the closest i can find in the stores near me is the awg 20 wires.. im a newb at this whole modchip and soldering thing... =(

4. HercDrvr

HercDrvr Member

Thanks for all the info all. I got the LG DVD and have used rawdump 2.0 but the file size keeps coming in at 4,589,824kb and if I am not mistaken that won't work any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

OK so I am an idiot, followed instructions wrong and found out that the file size is correct that the windows explorer just has a different file size but when I do as I was told to look at the file properties it was actually the correct size.

Maybe someone can learn from my stupidity.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  5. kidballa8

kidballa8 Member

Buy one of the drives listed and buy a 5.25" drive enclosure, you put the drive in and hook it up to the drive enclosure and then hook the enclosure to the laptop with a USB or Firewire Cable.[/quote]

sweet thanks.

6. SPiercey

SPiercey Member

30 awg wire should not be hard to find. awg is the gauge so it's also known as 30 gauge wire just in case you didn't know. Here in Canada I buy pretty much every thing I need at The Source, heres one example from there: http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/P...=Online&category=Hook+Up+Wire&product=2780503

7. mfool

mfool Member

Ok i got my lg drive from a local computer store in toronto, and got my wiikey installed today, did a dump of call of duty 3 that i got to test, the iso is 4.37 GB so i burnt it in nero and it wont read in the wii...the guy that installed it used some of his burnt wii games to test it it was working and it worked with every us and japan game he tested it with..so i know its the burn i did not the wiikey. anyone have a clue as to why its not working? i did burn at 2x and the wiikey config cd i set the wii to read at 6x maybe i should set it to 2x? or try and burn at 6x if i can???

8. killa024

killa024 Member

Get the pioneer 111d burner with -R disk, I use Verbatim, and I guarentee it will work. Its more than likely your burner. I had a pretty new sony one and even burning at 2x disk were getting errors. People on another forum said it was one of the best for burning wii games so I got it and all my games are error free so far.

9. mfool

mfool Member

hmm i got the pioneer 110 wonder if i can update the firmware.. ive been using kodak dvd-r will have to try verbatim...too bad i got 100 kodak for $20 regularly $80..too good a deal to pass up...

10. SPiercey

SPiercey Member

lol, just try other media before trying a new burner. I would say it's the Kodak, thats actually the only media I have here right now too and I have to say it sucks. I'm getting some Verbatim the next time I'm at future shop.

11. mfool

mfool Member

12. SPiercey

SPiercey Member

From what I hear +R is technically a better media but -R has better compatibility so thats what I'm going for. And sweet jeez thats a good deal, to bad they are sold out at my local store, they don't have 50 spindles ether, they better get stock soon.

13. mfool

mfool Member

14. SPiercey

SPiercey Member

Ether should work fine with Wiikey. It really doesn't matter, and if push comes to shove all you would really need to do with the +R if they didn't work is set the booktype to -R. The -R work with pretty much any burner. And just use the kodak as give aways or something.

15. mfool

mfool Member

FS is out at my local store for the 100 so i will got to the source and get the 50 of the -r...if they are out (only got 1 left in stock according to the website) i will get the +r and report here my results with it..

16. SPiercey

SPiercey Member

Yeah I think I'm going to go the source route and get the 50 pack while they are on for $17(sweet deal too). FS out here too but all 3 source stores have plenty of -R and +R(might pick up one of each to test just because they are so cheap).

17. Jeff_73ca

Jeff_73ca Member

Have you tried Imgburn instead of Nero it works as well

18. killa024

killa024 Member

Ya thats true. Try differnt dvds and if you still get errors. I suggest get the other burner. It was only like $30 or something when I got it off newegg. Thats not much. Its a OEM

19. rabbitx

rabbitx Member

ok I did try to Burn a ISO on 2x and it still cant read the disk on my Wii. i just installed the wiikey. i did everything on page 1 an im using DYNEX -r dvd.. is there anything that im missing.

20. wiitard

wiitard Member

killa,
    I got alot of good advice from you so i guess this is directed to you. Started to read a game today and ran out of disk space after it was a little over 4G, and it took about 4 1/2 hours to get that far. my system is really old so i guess i need a new hard drive, huh?? If im right i saw some 250g on ebay, you think that would be a good size? Do they have different brands on hard drives?? Dont know much about computers.
    also, once i get a new hard drive will i be able to store the games on the drive so i can make games for my friends as well? I think i should be able to do that as long as i get a big enough hard drive.
    Thanks for any advice you can give, Im going to bed and will check for responce tom, thanks