1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to boot DVD-R?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jlpk007, May 9, 2004.

1. jlpk007

jlpk007 Member

i have a version 4 ps2(SCPH3000 NTSC/J) mod with ORIGA ...me always use AR2V2 to boot backup...
    But i cant boot the DVD-R...i cant find the boot method on the net also for this old chip....so i was thinking someone with a origa chip can tell me..

THANKS

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Here are the dvd-r booting instructions for the neo 2.2. I would imagine it's pretty similar for the origa.
    PS2 with Neo 2.2 modchip & AR/GS, PS2 DVD backup booting

1. Have AR/GS dongle in a memory card slot
    2. Power on your PS2
    3. Insert AR/GS disc, close tray
    4. Power off your PS2, wait a few seconds
    5. Press and Hold Reset button to load AR/GS
    6. At the AR2/GS2 menu, press EJECT while still holding Reset
    7. Swap AR/GS disc for an Original-TOC-DVD* and wait 10 seconds
    8. Select "AR/GS Codes"
    9. Highlight "Add new code" and press X to get to the next screen
    10. Press X three times. You will see "Updating code list please wait" each time)
    11. Press "Start" on controller
    12. Select "Without codes", press X
    13. Then Press X again, and immediately release the Reset button, you will see "Updating code list please wait"
    14. The PS2 tray will eject allowing you to swap Original-TOC-DVD* for DVD backup and then close on its own
    15. Screen will change and game will now boot

* Note - "Original-TOC-DVD" is an original DVD that is a larger file size than the backup

* Note – For a shortcut make a few “Add new codes”, or use any title you know you don’t need (you can always reset the dongle) and after step 8 just highlight one of the “newly” added codes or unnecessary ones and press square to delete it, then proceed on with step 11

Personally I would recomend you just get the swap magic discs instead of doing this because it's easier.

3. jlpk007

jlpk007 Member

thanks...but origa doesnt need a original DVD TOC to boot....only need AR2V2..or GS

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i'm afraid you need to use a toc disc as AR/GS can only boot cdr backups without it

5. jlpk007

jlpk007 Member

Oh No..guess i will wait till the price of messiah to drop...then considering remod..

6. jlpk007

jlpk007 Member

oh yes it finally boot..and not DVD-r but DVD+R...my set is a ver4 and it doesnt boot DVD-R.......but DVD+R works....