1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn 800 Mb or more bin images

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by majullian, Sep 30, 2003.

1. majullian

majullian Member

I just d/led several files as bin files and I make de cue files for them in the way I just saw in your forum but the image is still too big for a CD and I can´t get 800Mb cd´s, is that the only way to burn the files or is another way!

I could mount the images and I extracted the files just fine but still extracted the files are 735 or more Mb and is the same thing.

Any help!

2. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

i am in the same boat. no luck yet. i tried burning the images onto dvd-r but the software tells me that the media required is cdr/cdrw, which will not fit. if you figure out a way please tell me. thanks

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Download burnatonce (freebie) and after installing enable overburn>load da cue>burn> don't worry, be happy

http://www.burnatonce.com

Shoey :)

4. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

pfitz, what software are you trying to use to burn the dvdr? if the software doesnt support dvd burning then its going refuse to burn to a dvdr.. Ive put many a things on dvdrs cause Im too lazy and cheap to waste cdr/rws on stuff.. why have 3 discs for a moovie when can have one dvdr hehe.

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Simply because I cant afford the Plextor PX-708A DVD-Burner (but will be purchasing) hopefully soon. Besides that, backing up dvd2svcd using DVDSVCD is simply the next best option as long as your home dvd player supports SVCD playback. Backing up to a cd-r a waste? Good gawd the price of cd-r's are cheap these days m8.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

*Praetor dislikes all DVDs*
    Standalones are too damn finicky with a baby little scratch and refuse to play nice. :p

7. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

True Shoey that cdr/rws are cheap nowadays but when you go thru them like I do.. a 100 pack in less then a wk a dvdburner starts to look really g00d. Figure after all the money Ive spent on 100 and 50 packs of cdr/rws I couldve saved up for that dvdburner by now ~laffs~

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I concur m8 and when I do get my Plextor PX-708A DVD-Burner I will definatly get the most out of a 4.7 gig dvd-r, lol.

My standalone isn't finicky at all, however, if I use "cheap" brand cd-r media I do encounter some video playback problems. The majority of my svcd backups play flawlessy in my standalone home dvd player and as fast as I'm running (CPU, FSB, Memory(DDR) and ata\133), I can encode a movie quite fast!

9. majullian

majullian Member

I have solved the problem, its really strange but all the images that were about 800Mb and 820Mb fits perfectly in a 700 Mb CD but just with one software.

It is CDRWIN 5.0, it is no longer available at their website but you can get it trough the Edonkey 2k Net, I tried it and now I am enjoying of some really cool stuff that I had in that 800Mb bin files.

If you have any doubts about the specific procedure let me know.

CyA

10. mafiaman

mafiaman Member

yer dvd-/+rw make a difference i used to have to shuv 50 discs out of my way (all over the floor hehe) to get out my bedroom. But after gettin a dvd-rw i just backed almost all the stuff on dvds an oraganized myself.

11. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

As an alternative to CDRWIN5 you may want to try out Padus Discjuggler which is what CDRWIN5 is based off.

You lucky lucky lucky!

Meh! To each his/her own. :)

12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Shakes his ole' head in amazement. burnatonce 0.99a can do the job (this i know cause' Jesus tole' me so).

13. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

ahh well some people have to learn by trial and error Shoey dood.. do it the hard way then figure out to use the simple method.. whatever works right?