1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Burn a backup from Bitorrent Files

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by javamoe, Mar 11, 2005.

1. javamoe

javamoe Member

Ok so I am new to the PS2 burning backup. I have a fliptop and swap 3.0. I downloaded some bitorrent files for a ps2 dvd game. I have somthing like 40 files such as:
    djam-ptc.046 22.39 MB
    djam-ptc.sfv 1.14 KB
    dnl-dj.nfo 7.32 KB
    ptc-defny.nfo 3.60 KB

Anyone got any ideas on how to make a backup?

2. xdgen84

xdgen84 Member

Open the .001 file with something like WinRAR and then extract the image (drag and drop or whatever). It's going to result in an image. You can then burn the image to a DVD-R and use SwapMagic 3 with it.

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Winrar is indeed the program that should exract an .iso image.

Which then can be burnt using dvd decrypter.
    (I reccomend burning at 2x speed on quality media.)

http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/41.html

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Make sure you have winrar installed on your computer. You can get it from here:
    http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar342.exe

1)Run winrar.exe
    Default location C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe

2)Select File-->Browse for folder

3)Locate the folder with the Def Jam: Fight for New York archive.

4)Right click on the file named djam-ptc.001. Select Extract to the specified folder. Locate a place to extract the image to.

5)Burn the image to dvd-r using DVD Decrypter.

This is an example of what it should look like. This is a screenshot of Tekken 5. Obviously, your files will be named differently, but it should look like this. It should say Def_Jam_Fight_for_NY_USA_PS2DVD-PROTOCOL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  5. javamoe

javamoe Member

thanks guys. That worked. Except now the disc is taking forever to load. I can hear the dvd being read. I used good quality dvd TDK at a slow burn with dvdecrypter. What gives? Any ideas? My other nonburned games work fine without any problem.

6. javamoe

javamoe Member

opps sorry forgot to mention this is problems with the ps2 not burning on the computer.
    thanks

7. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

It sounds like to me that you are not using good enough media, whenever that happens to me it's for that reason. I try burning on better media and they work fine.

8. Vinnys025

Vinnys025 Guest

I did what this post said to do and when I extract the file, its not an image file. So when I try to burn it using dvd decoder, I get the error message, "unsupported file format". Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

9. Vinnys025

Vinnys025 Guest

oh yeah, it extracted as a .bin file.

10. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Try burning the .bin file to CD-R using DVD Decrypter.

11. Slots2

Slots2 Guest

Where are you getting Bit Torrent Files. \

12. zartron

zartron Member

i followed the directions provided, but all i ended up with was the individual .001 file and no image. am i doing something wrong or is it a problem with the file? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

13. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

It may need to be rebuilt, but for the life of me i don't see why someone would pack the file up like that. Whats in that .001 file? Open it with Winrar and see. Then tell us.

14. zartron

zartron Member

as far as what's inside the .rar file the files are as follows:

o-sssjh.001 thru o-sssjh.024 labeled as file type 001 thru 024
    o-sssjh.sfv

those are all the necessary files, the rest are shortcuts and nfo's, which brings up another question, i can never seem to open up any nfo files, i always get an "unrecognized version or corrupted message" error. any thoughts on that? anyhow, the following items are what's in my rar file. like before, whatever help u can offer would be appreciated.

15. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

OK extract everything in your first .rar to one folder. If you want "Nfo" about the game you can open the Nfo file in notepad. The SFV file is a way to check all the file to make sure that they are correct. But don't worry about that for now since you'll know anyway soon enough. Choose the first file, the .001, right click on it and choose "extract here". It should extract the game to the same folder and the .001,.002 files. You will only need to extract the .001 file. Basically all those files are the game, compressed and split up into smaller files.

16. zartron

zartron Member

ahh alright i see what you're getting at, i tried opening the .001 file but i got that windows cant open message, then i ended up selecting winrar as the method for opening that type of file and it automatically gave me an iso. thanks for the help and steering me in the right direction.

17. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

Cool then. Glad to be of help. :)

18. NaQQaF

NaQQaF Member

hi every one!
    I just want to ask something and I hope I will get an answer on it.
    I burend a game " FIFA STREET" I got it as an ISO file. and I end up burning it 3 times. but nothing.. I still have the same problem.
    it just LOAD the game in the begining it gets almost to 75% and then just spens for ever.. and nothing.. it seemd like a crash or freeeeeeeeeeeeeez.
    I use VERBATIM DVD-R... I burnd them at aspeeed 2x.. I still cant see what is the problem.
    please any help would be good.
    take care for now.

19. IceHawk

IceHawk Guest

Use MagicIso

20. Gdash

Gdash Guest

Just got my swap magic and I tried to use my DragonballZ Budokai 3.iso backup and the screen flikers, you hear and see but the screen is like when you go to a scrambled channel. What should I do? I used TDK DVD+R buried at 2x. I tried the patch from http://www.swapmagicfix.com/, still the same problem.