1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn a Dowloaded Xbox game on a DVD-R?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by 2ligit, Nov 2, 2004.

1. 2ligit

2ligit Guest

I tried burning a Xbox game I download (Shrek 2) on a DVD-R, but Nero tells me the that I am not using the right Disk. I then tried using a CD-R, and there isn't enough space on the CD. How do I burn these downloaded games on DVD-R?

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

take the rar files and extract them to an iso,then for good measure patch the iso with craxtion4,then burn said iso with nero or alcohol 120%. If you didn't get an iso after extracting,make one with craxtion4 out of the folders that you have.

3. 2ligit

2ligit Guest

Punqewe...it is laready an iso file, what do I do then?

4. dossie

dossie Regular member

you need to have a Dvd writer to burn the game to a DVD-R...if you have a dvd writer then just go to the "Recorder" menu in Nero and choose "Burn Image" and then choose the iso file you want to burn to the DVD-R. The menu's might be a bit different if you have a different version other than Nero6 (the one i have)
    Hope this helpS

5. 2ligit

2ligit Guest

Dossie, I tried doing what you told me, but as I start burning, it stops and tells me that I'm not using the right disc. It tells me either CD-R/RW, but I have a DVD burner..I don't know why it is asking me that?

6. dossie

dossie Regular member

ok, first off what version of Nero do you have?
    if you have nero6, then after you choose the "Burn Image" option there should be a pop up that says "Burn Compilation" in the top left corner, in this pop up there should be a little box with a down arrow in it (under the tilte "Burn Copilation") , click on it then choose the "DVD" option. Then try burning it again, and it should work...

7. JayD1056

JayD1056 Guest

here is a idea. save your DVD-R's!

first dowanload the game. Most games are in files of 48 megs each. So you compile them into a .iso or .img (norammly a XBOX ISO) now use xiso or craxtion (xbox ustilites, find in the usual places) and then extract the iso onto your hard drive. Then FTP to your xbox (hopefully you have upgraded your hdd or the game is really small.

Jay

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2004
  8. rfjr23

rfjr23 Member

I too havent had much luck using Nero and Im usisng Nero Reloded what iI have found best is DVD Decryptor which is freeware and can be found at http://doom9.org. make sure you mode is to ISO/write and use the browse to find the image and click on it and then in Decryptor go under file and click Write and wait. Time may vary on your burner and size of games

Hope this helps