1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn a dvd of videos from youtube? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Mandy22, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Mandy22

Mandy22 Member

I have been trying to do this all week and have just been going in circles. I have finally been able to download the videos to my computer using a FLVplayer. Now that I have the videos downloaded I cant seem to burn the videos using windows media player. Is there another program I should be using that will able me to burn it. Someone please help me I am so confused!!!!

2. funnytim

funnytim Member

1st...keep in mind that quality of video from youtube won't be that great

but...if u still want to do it...

after you have the FLV files on your hard drive, get RIVA FLV ENCODER, to change the files to avi/wmv.

then, u should be able to convert the files using nero, winavi, or something along those lines.

hope that helps.

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Alrighty this method is a sure fire way and always works. :)

Alright you are going to need 1 piece of software, it being a program called DVD Flick. It can accept nearly all video formats and it converts them to a DVD .vob files and can even burn the movie for you. Better yet DVD Flick is free!

Alright first find a movie you want on youtube. Now copy the link for that video from your address bar. Now go to http://www.youtubex.com and paste the link you copied into the box labeled "Download". When asked to open or save the file choose to save it to the desktop. And save it with the extension .flv if it is not already present. When you done open up DVD Flick, on the right select "Open Title". Now select your downloaded video, and hit "Create DVD". After a while it will complete and you will have a dvd burned of your youtube videos.

4. Mandy22

Mandy22 Member

Thanks for that information PeaInaPod. It really did help alot but Im still stuck. I have converted all the videos to the .flv format and DVD Flick allows me to add them to the list. I follow all steps and when I click Create DVD, it seems like its working and says it was succesfully completed. When I test the dvd on my dvd player it just keeps loading like there is nothing on the disc and infact when i re-enter the disc into my harddrive it pops up like its a blank disc. Normally windows media player pops up and plays what ever is on it. Am I doing something wrong still?

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

You maybe be messing with the file itself. The files you downloaded are already in flash video format. You just have to add the extension ".flv" (without the quotes) to the end of the file and DVD Flick should be able to do its thing. Try redownloading the video and after it is done downloading add the .flv part at the end.

6. fireflash

fireflash Guest

Try cinemaforge for all your .flv files it works great.