1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO BURN A DVD using Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rackers, Feb 7, 2004.

1. rackers

rackers Member

i no this subject has come up lots of times but i need help.
    I am trying to burn Lord of The Rings Return Of The king to a DVD disc (4.7GB) Return of the .....=2GB it has 4 discs and Nero wont burn the 4 Video files to the CD to make a video Disc Help Please!!!!!!!!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]-=Rackers=-[/small]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2004
  2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Rackers,
    Here is what I would do:
    Use
    1. DVD Decrypter ( Free )
    2. DVD Shrink ( Free )
    3. Nero ( Which you already have )
    4. I presume that you are burning to a DVD and not a CD as your post states

Put the DVD into the computer and Decrypter (in file mode)will decrypt and save to hard drive.
    Open Shrink and tell it to go to files and it will compress the movie. In Shrink there is an option to use Nero to burn. Make sure it is checked and you are now good to go.
    Go to the guides section and read about the above and it will easy to do.

3. rackers

rackers Member

When it Decryptes and Compresses and i burn the Files to the DVD will i be able to watch the DVD on a player. Which option should i use Make a video cd VCD or Super video S[VCD]

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Rackers,
    You should be able to view the DVD after burning. As far as making a CD either program should work although I do not do videos and then burn them to a CD. LOTR is just to big for CD IMHO and I stand corrected if I am wrong. Hope this helps

5. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Car.mike,

Just curious as to why you would use decypter to rip the DVD files when DVDshrink will do the same thing? It's one less program you have to use? Just curious

Matt

6. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Hi Motomatt,
    On larger DVD's I use DVD Decrypter everytime. IMHO it does a better job. I use Shrink for what it was initially developed and that was to compress files. This is how I taught myself to use these programs and if it works I normally do not change my methods unless something else comes along that is better.

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Thats cool.. Wasn't sure if you knew that dvdshrink also ripped DVD's thats all.. Figured I would save you some time by using one program.. take it easy

Matt

8. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

You're absolutely right, it saves one unneccessary step to do the ripping and compression with Shrink, and you will not have to store both the uncompressed and compressed version of the movie to your harddrive, thus you need only 4.5Gb or so instead of 12 Gb or so of free hd space.

There's only a few rare occasions, where DVD Shrink is not able to do the ripping (I personally haven't come across any with more than 100 rips do so far), so on those occasions you need DVD Decrypter to rip the files first. On all other discs there is no difference whatsoever in the outcomes of DVD Decrypter+DVD Shrink or plain DVD Shrink ripping and compressing combination.

Rackers,
    use the Nero guide here
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm
    for the burning process.
    And if you need it, here's also the DVD Shrink guide
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

Hope you get your backup done! Have fun, guys!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2004