1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn a movie to DVD-RAM

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by feng, Sep 17, 2003.

1. feng

feng Member

Is it possible to burn a movie on a DVD-RAM, (formatted as UDF 2.0) with Nero 6?

I have the LG 4020B capable of burning DVD-RAM. But Nero 6 doesn't detect the disc.

The reason of using DVD-RAM is I'm practicing editing and authoring my DVs to DVDs. However, my DVD player doesn't read DVD+-R. I may erase the whole thing when my technique improves, like adding chapters and effects. I've got hold of some Panasonic LM-AF120U which is intended for video recording, and I think it will be compatible with the player.

Thanks in advance for instructions and suggestions.

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I have that same burner. I wouldn't even bother with DVD-RAM. Pretty much the only thing it's any good for is burning data, using the software that came with the burner. Unfortunately once you install that software the drive is almost useless as anything but a DVD-RAM drive. It takes 2 or 3 open/close of the drive to get it to recognize any other type of disc.

If you want to practice burning DVD's I would suggest using DVD-RW's. They are much cheaper than DVD-RAM's.

3. feng

feng Member

You're exactly right. Sometimes I've got the computer "hanged" when I eject the disc and turn the computer off right after.

Unfortunately, my DVD player doesn't read Rewritables.

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I'm just curious what DVD player you have that reads DVD-RAM but not DVD-RW?

5. feng

feng Member

I'm not sure if it reads DVD-RAM, but definitely not RWs.