1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn a ps2 game on a dvd disc thats playable when swap magic is operating/bold

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ahmed7860, Oct 30, 2004.

1. ahmed7860

ahmed7860 Member

Hello guys.I would like to express my difficulties with the situation of burning a ps2 game thats on my hard drive to a dvd disc that actually works a ps2 that has swap magic operating. Therefore i will appreciate a step by step guide to help burn tht game to a dvd using Nero or DVD Decrypter I have tried using Nero 6.3 to burn it burnt succesfully but it didnt work when i used the swap magic. Now this is what confuses me i dont know which format to choose to burn the game onto a dvd disc I tried (DVD ISO)and didnt work now im not sure which format to choose i am pleading for advise thanks

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what game, brand media, speed burned at?

3. mstan77

mstan77 Member

Like others have stated before me, Ritek G04 and/or Verbatim are the best DVDs to use. And, In Afterdawn's software section, you can find a simple tutorial on how to operate DVD Decryptor--It's one of the easiest software appcications I have ever used. When you do finally burn your game using DVD Decryptor, make sure you burn at the slowest possible speed (I always burn at 1x or 2x).

4. ahmed7860

ahmed7860 Member

Thanks for the reply. Well i choose bulkpaq for my media and the game im trying to burn is nba live 2005.

5. mstan77

mstan77 Member

I seriously recommend that you don't use Bulkbaq for backing up your games; use Bulkpaq to archive any other personal files, but not your games. I, personally, recommend that you srictly use Verbatim Datalive DVD+R or Ritek G04 DVD-R.

Ritek G04s are the cheaper of the two and some strictly swear by them. However, if your burner does not support DVD-R format, then your best bet is to use Verbatim DVD+R. If you choose Ritek, www.meritline.com has great deals on them, and/or you can search Ebay too for good deals on both brands.

To validate my reccomendation, I suggest you read some archived forumns here at Afterdawn. Many senior Afterdawn members strictly adhere to the aforementioned media.

Consider yourself warned!

6. ahmed7860

ahmed7860 Member

Well thanks for the reply. Well that has solved my problem thank you all for your contribution. I finally could backup my games thanks very much.