1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn a VCD movie with NERO 6 Ultra?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by BurnzIT, Apr 13, 2005.

1. BurnzIT

BurnzIT Member

I've tried many different FAQ's, step by step. I've used NERO 5.5 no luck so now I have NERO 6 Ultra, but still with no luck. I have tried burning them slow, fast, with title screen, without title screen. I can burn data files so I know the CD burner works. I've tried converting the avi files to mpg with TMPG and tried having NERO convert the avi files to mpg files as well. I've even tried using NERO express. I use the VCD burn option in NERO. I just am not having any luck. I have a Pioneer DVD recorder player and a Panasonic DVD player. And both players state "Cannot play this disk". I'm using 80min, 700mb disks "Durabrand" disks CD-R. Does anyone know what the heck is wrong here? Thanks in Advance.

2. MilesAhed

MilesAhed Regular member

Hi. The first thing I'd recommend(if you haven't already) is go to
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com and look up your DVD Player. You will find user comments on which media they have actually played successfully and sometimes work-arounds to problems.

If your player shows good there other things to check:

You "finalize" the CD when burning (obvious but sometimes we all miss something basic)

Try a different brand of CDR.

Burn a CD-RW as VCD and seed if it plays that

If nothing works, try a VCD burned by somebody else
    that plays on their player in your player.

Basic rule of diagnostics is isolate the problem so first goal is to see if it's the Player or the Burner/Media that's the problem.

If your DVD player won't play any kind of VCD then it's prolly the player with the problem.

3. BurnzIT

BurnzIT Member

I finalized the CDR and I tried burning a mpg on a Memorex CD-RW and made sure to finalize that. Unfortunately, I still receive the same error message, the CDR & CDR-W wont even playback the CD burner. It does burn data with no problem. The burner is a TORiSAN CD-RW CDW-U4424. I checked into my DVD recorder, Pioneer DVR-220 and it does play CDR's and VCD's. Is there anything I could be over looking?

I did a "Disk Info" with NERO, on the Burned CD-RW I tried to make a VCD with, and it states:

.CD-ROM XA
    ..Session 01 (22MB)
    ...Track 01: 0:02.00 0:16.51 (5MB), Data (mode2)
    ...Track 02: 0:18.51 1:49.60 (21MB), Data (mode2)

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  4. MilesAhed

MilesAhed Regular member

Only other suggestion I have is to determine if it's software(Nero) or
    hardware(the burner.) So set Nero to "Image Recorder" and "burn" an iso image of the VCD. Then download DAEMON Tools(a freebie.) What it does is mount an image as a virtual drive on the system. So if the VCD image mounted with DAEMON Tools plays okay with your software players, then it's very likely the burner. If so, check with the manufacturer about a
    fix or replacement.

If your PC has enough horse power it might be less aggravation just to buy a new DVD/CD burner. Maybe you can make a deal where you bought the PC. You know instead of replacing this defective drive how 'bout some credit toward a DVD/CD combination burner type of deal. Worth a try. :)

5. BurnzIT

BurnzIT Member

I just bought VCDEasy and that works great. Thanks anyway everyone.