1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn a .wii file

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by mike61es, May 19, 2007.

1. mike61es

mike61es Member

Hi all,
    I have downloaded a WII game and having uncompressed it to a file with .wii extension I'd like to know how to burn it so that I can play it on the WII console. Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks.

2. Menion

Menion Regular member

Unscramble The Raw Image

Download unscrambler 04 from ingenieria-inversa.cl and extract it. copy the file "unscrambler.exe" into the very folder you keep your raw image in.
    Then left-click your Windows start button in the lower left corner of your screen and click "Run". A window opens, type 'command'.

Navigate to the folder containing your raw image and "unscrambler.exe". In that folder, type 'unscrambler.exe raw-image.wii "image.iso"'

replacing raw-image.wii with the filename of your raw image and image.iso with any name you want your new *.iso to have.
    Again this process takes some time, wait for the message "image successfully unscrambled" and close the window by typing "exit". Now the desired *.iso should be in the same folder.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  3. mike61es

mike61es Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try see how it goes.

4. mike61es

mike61es Member

Tried that and burnt correctly, but Wii console says it can' read the disk. What could be the problem?

5. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

try different discs

6. mike61es

mike61es Member

Bought new box of discs but still no go. Please help.

7. stuntman_

stuntman_ Regular member

umm I am not trying to make you sound dumb or anything, but is your console modded? and if so which chip

8. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

which chip
    which game
    which region
    which discs
    which burning software
    what speed burnt at

9. mike61es

mike61es Member

Sorry I'm new to this so I may seem a bit ignorant.

Don't know what chip, how do I find out.
    Game is GT Pro Series (PAL)
    Country Spain
    Using Verbatim 4.7Gb DVD-R discs
    Burning software is Nero
    Speed burnt at 2X

10. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

when i said try different discs did u try a different brand?

try using imgburn instead of nero

is your wii console the same region as the game ur trying to play?

the chip part is a bit difficult, u can download the various update discs from wiikey or wiid etc and just try them, if it works then its the one, this is unless u have a wiikey clone which will update same as a genuine wiikey
    Larry may reply to this thread with a better idea regarding chip identification - hes a bit more clued up on it than i am

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

No luck here. LOL

I have no idea how to ID them without opening up the Wii and finding out or having the presences of mind knowing what the hell is in your Wii.

As far as I am concerned they don't need to use the Modchip if they don't know a simple question as what Modchip they do have. Kind of silly not knowing what your buying when you buy a Wii with a Modchip already installed.

There was another member last week that didn't know what they had and used all the setup disc for most common Modchips and never did figure out what 1 it was. He had to contact the person that instaled it to find out.

It is kind of hard to help someone when they don't even know what Modchip they have.

So I suggest first figuring out what Modchip you do have. Either open up the Wii and look or contact the source of where you got the Wii/modchip and ask them what chip was installed.

There are a few problems that could be causing this issue.

1) A media issue (Keep trying to use different brand media till you find media that will work and is compatible with your Wii)

2) A bad torrent file

3) faulty DVD burner

4) Modchip setup disc/Firmware needs to be updated

5) Issue with burning Application (Try ImgBurn as suggested by others above)

The below could be a problem if you are playing an out of region game on your Wii. Example: Pal Game disc on an NTSC system

1)Region Override disabled (Region override needs to be turned ON)

2)The game disc is not compatible with Region Override (go to the link below to check region override compatbility)...

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Wii_Region_Free_Patcher_Compatibility_List#NTSC-U_.28USA.29_to_PAL

What region is your Wii unit PAL or NTSC?

12. TriKlops

TriKlops Member

by reading the post I don't think he has a chip installed at all.. but that's just what I gather from his answers

13. wiinewbie

wiinewbie Member

Hello -
    A few quick questions:

1) Ive downloaded a huge .rar file (wii game)and extracted it into .iso, but for some reason magic ISO and PowerISO are not recognizing the .iso file? The error is that its not a cd image file? what am i missing here?

2) Ive also downloaded another wii game, but this one has 35 .rar files, how do i extract them into one .iso using winrar?, and then how do i burn the image onto the dvd? (question 1).

- Yes I have a wii and yes, it is modded
    - I have a dvd burner and magic ISO and PowerISO
    - I tried the unscrambler thing, but my dos work is not up to par, i can get to the directory and such, but the error is saying i dont have unscrambler installed or something.

Please help! Thanks.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  14. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

use winrar to unzip the file, simply double click the first rar file and when winrar pops up click extract, once its done there will be an iso file in the same folder all the roms are in, or sometimes a folder is created in that folder with all the rars and that will contain your iso. Then use either imgburn or nero to burn the game, I personally use nero, open nero cancel out of the wizard that pops up, then at the top of nero click "recorder" then click burn image, use verbatim disc and burn at 2X that should do it.
    but if you need to unscramble your file (if the file you downloaded turns out to have the file extension .wii then you need to unscramble) . To unscramble I use the program rawdump 2.0 its very simple and doesnt need explaining to use it. hope all this helps you out man

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I used to use Nero myself but my burns where to inconsistent. Since I went to imgBurn all my games seem to be working and burned fine. So I would recommend going to imgBurn which is a free Application anyway.

As for the file with a bunch of .rar files. Do as N0_0ne and download WinRAR extract the ISO from all the multiple files with WinRAR and burn.

16. wiinewbie

wiinewbie Member

Thanks - so got the imgburn program, and figured out how to get the iso's now.. but when i go to burn the image, imgburn says I/O error: power calibration error (see below). i am not running any programs, disconnected all other usbs, and the dvd burner is connected directly into my laptop... and im burning at 2.0x using TDK DVD +R discs

can i burn these games with any burner? i just got a generic external dvd burner usb 2.0, non-powered.. i think the brand is matshita - does it matter? should i return this thing?

thanks

I/O Error!

Device [0:0:0] MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-831S 1.02 (E:)(USB)
    ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 786-799

Sense Area: F1 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 73 03 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Power Calibration Area Error

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  17. wiinewbie

wiinewbie Member

Figured it out - turns out my burner is picky when it comes to media.

TDK = error
    EBlue @ 2x = wasted disc
    Eblue @ 4x = finally works.

Thanks for all your help.

18. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

mike61es, you say that you don't know what chip you have installed. Did you actually mod the wii yourself? Did you even say anywhere in your post that you have a modded wii? I don't think so.

You can't play burned games without putting a chip in your wii to bypass the security. It's called a modchip and you have to buy it online, open up your wii and solder it to the system board. If you haven't done this then you need to do some research before trying to backup or download wii games.

If you purchased a premodded wii (not something you'd find at Walmart or Gamestop) then you need to contact the person or company that you bought it from and ask them what mod chip they used. There are several on the market right now and it's next to impossible for us to help you without knowing what chip you have installed.

19. drastic

drastic Member

Hi there - i've seemingly successfully downloaded a .wii file - which i have on an external hard drive as my C: drive won't allow files over 4gb (FAT32). I will change to NTSC sooner or later.

I've tried using Rawdump 2.0 and I select convert raw file to .iso, locate the file etc and then i get a failure after a few minutes of processing - i've tried several times and the same error occurs after 381mb has been unscrambled. Any way around this?

I've tried using the unscrambler 04, but I get lost in the instructions as the Command prompt is something that instills panic in me

I get lost at:- Navigate to the folder containing your raw image and "unscrambler.exe". In that folder, type 'unscrambler.exe raw-image.wii "image.iso"'

How do I navigate to the folder, can I navigate to an external hard drive? I have googled but the tutorial didnt help much.

What exactly do I type? Is it exactly:- unscrambler.exe raw-image.wii "image.iso"' - should the "image" word refer to the .wii filename, or no need to? I guess no need to, but just to be sure

Cheers

20. maxydawg

maxydawg Member

Heyy

I downloaded an ISO of a Wii game off of one of the torrent sites, and Alchohol won't burn it. I put a DVD-R into the drive to burn when it asks for media, tells me it's a DVD-R, and won't start burning.

Thanks if you can help.

Oh, and is there a way to burn a way through the security onto the disc? I'm afraid to mod my Wii in case I have to send it in for repair

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007