1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn an .avi file to DVD

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by VAN999, May 20, 2007.

1. VAN999

VAN999 Member

I'm a new mac user and in general new to burning files. I have downloaded a video file and it is in .avi format. Seeing as I am on a mac how do I burn the file to a DVD so I can watch it on my home DVD player?

I have been told to use apps like VSO convertxtodvd but it does not work on a mac. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. rayxtreme

rayxtreme Member

3. themoors

themoors Member

Toast titanium makes this process really easy. Simply click on the video tab, make sure the "DVD-Video" radio button is selected, then drag your avi to the main area. It can take awhile, but it's a sure way of achieving this.

4. bbssbb

bbssbb Member

Hi Van999, I am also a newbie at this and have spent the last 2-3 days trying to solve the problem you mentioned. I downloaded an AVI also. It played well in VLC but when I tried to open it in QT there was no sound. I looked around for heaps of codecs etc and various programs without success. I also tried the suggestion of "themoors" but it only ended up being a 10 second recording.
    Anyway I found that this little program will covert the AVI program to WMA format and also correct the sound problem, and it's free. Being in QT format Toast will love it.
    http://patrice.bensoussan.free.fr/DivXWMAConverter/
    Then go ahead and use Toast ( DVD-VIDEO button ) and there should be no problems.

5. lars14

lars14 Member

Yeah, I just use Toast 6. Just drag the avi into the video tab and click burn. You can also choose to have a menu if you have multiple avi's on one disc. Very easy to use and worth the money.

6. noddon

noddon Guest

*spam removed*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007
  7. KillaRob

KillaRob Member

Toast is the only option that I have come up with those other programs are god but Im just not gonna pay for their products most of the times Toast works fine occasionally I get a "hawrdware error" while burning and it ruins my disc which makes me REALY REALLY MAD but for now Its what I gotta use.