1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn an .iso file to DVD that can play in a DVD player

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by dward, Jun 22, 2014.

1. dward

dward Member

Hi there everybody-

I'm having a bit on an issue here, I have a home movie file that is in an .iso format and I used ImgBurn to burn it to DVD (I used the option "Write Image File to Disk") and upon completing the burn, I inserted it into my DVD player and it said "Cannot play this type of disk".

So what can I do with this .iso file to burn it to DVD and be able to watch it on my home DVD player ???

Thanks you all in advance for any and all help you can provide. :)

Sincerely- Douglas

2. attar

attar Senior member

Just to be clear:An iso file is an image of a disk.
    Is the iso an image of a DVD movie?
    A DVD movie disk normally contains two folders:AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS, is that what your ISO consists of?

3. dward

dward Member

Hi There, no, it does not consist of a video ts and audio ts files, im sure that is the reason why. my iso file is a video from my camcorder and it 1.10 GB in size. what would be my best path to follow so I can burn it to DVD for home viewing and would be the best path to burn it with less chance of errors ??? I need to make 30 of them. Thanks much for your help.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Try AVStoDVD, it handles many types of input files.
    Run it and click 'Title' and load the video file.
    Click 'Output' and select 'DVD folder structure'.
    Click 'Preferences' > 'Paths' to choose where the output should go; then 'Video' and select 'NTSC' if you are in North America (PAL for anywhere elese).
    Click 'Start'.
    When the output is comlete, use ImgBurn to burn the folder ('Write files/folders to disc') and verify it plays ok on a standalone DVD player.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/convert_video/avstodvd.cfm

Mez likes this.
  5. dward

dward Member

Hi There, While I was working some more on it, I was able to convert the video file to a folder with the "Video_TS" and the "Audio _TS" files in it. What would be the best way to get that file to a viewable DVD ??/ Can I just burn it in ImgBurn ??? and if so,,,what would option should I use.

Thanks much - Douglas

6. attar

attar Senior member

Use ImgBurn to burn the VIDEO_TS folder ('Write files/folders to disc') and verify it plays ok on a standalone DVD player

7. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i found dvdflick was the easiest to use when i've done it, it also uses imgburn to burn to disc.
    using dvdflick you can also use the option save image file to disc and once its done just use imgburn to burn more copies of the image file to a dvd for playback.

8. zomac

zomac Newbie

Hmmm, I think you need to find what TV system your player support and create the DVD in that system (PAL or NTSC).

9. Mez

Mez Active member

You may be able to play your video on a computer but DVD players use a specific format and you need to have more than just the right folders. Attar is correct you may need to convert your video. Some DVD players can play other formats so if you have more than one DVD player you can try the others. If you have a DVD player that reads different formats you will need to fool around with it since it is not the expected format. The expected format contains *.bup, *.ifo and *.vob files. The vobs contain the video objects, your movie.

10. bandoogie

bandoogie Member

use clone2dvd or nero or isoburner in that order. Or you can use dvdshrink(which is free) to convert the iso to dvd video files and then burn with whatever burning program you have. Let us know if it works.

11. Jympton

Jympton Member

Use 7zip to extract the video ts folder from the iso [http://www.7-zip.org/] then burner the video ts folder using Ashampoo Free Burning Studio [http://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/0710/burning-software/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-6-FREE].

(1) When you have 7zip installed (it's free), right-click on the iso and select 'extract to (whatever the iso file is called)'. Then (2) find the folder that 7zip has created (it will have the same name), open it, and inside you'll find the video ts folder. (3) Open Ashampoo Free, select 'Movie' then 'Video DVD from folder'. Using 'browse', find the folder created by 7zip, click on the '+' sign, and it will show the video ts folder. Select that folder, then click 'next' and it will burn the a dvd that is watchable on home players. I know it works, because I've just tested it!

12. Jympton

Jympton Member

PS If the link to 7-zip doesn't work, just google 7-zip and you'll find somewhere to download it.

13. iffee100

iffee100 Member

For this purpose DvdSanta is best. You can make DVD disk from any type of video.

14. sausage

sausage Newbie

Hi lads, I have video files that basically make up about 3.5gb and I have a 4.7gb dvd. I was wondering if it's at all possible to convert those files into an ISO image and then say burn that ISO onto the 4.7gb dvd and basically have that be a watchable dvd on my dvd player? Or am I totally reaching for the stars???

15. attar

attar Senior member

16. sandyfoot

sandyfoot Member

Not sure if this answers your question but my give you some ideas.

All the newer bluray players will play video files from a DVD or BR disc. (except .avi for some reason and h265)
    I use powerISO to create an ISO image that may contain several movies, a TV series or photos, whatever.
    Then I use CloneDVD to burn that ISO image to disc which could be anything from a single layer DVD to a 5o gig BR disc.