1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn AVI File

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by numinbah, Sep 16, 2004.

1. numinbah

numinbah Member

How do I burn an AVI file to a disk that will play on a DVD Player. everytime I try, I get a on screen message(Unknown Disk) The disks I am useing are DVD-R
    and burner is a NEC DVD+-R/RW Dual Layer 8x IDE.
    The disks play ok on Computer.
    any help would be appreciated.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

numinbah ,
    Welcome to the forum. You are going to need to take the .avi file and turn them into Mpeg2-DVD Compliant files for them to be able to be played in a DVD Player. There are guides on this forum and on other forums that will let you do this. For my home movies I use Adobe Premiere and then import the file and edit out what I do not want and then export the file to timeline and then use Nero's NVE to burn it to disk. Premiere is a little pricey but there are other program that can do it for a lot less.
    You might start looking here and see if this helps or do a google search on .avi to DVD.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm

3. numinbah

numinbah Member

Thanks. I will get started on what you suggest straight away I will let you know how I get on

4. numinbah

numinbah Member

I have just thought of something, I suppose Nero ShowTime files are in AVI format or am I Completely wrong.