1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn AVI movies so they play in a DVD player

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Paesano, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Paesano

Paesano Member

I have so many movies saved on my hard drive that I want to burn so i can watch them in my DVD player. I have tried to convert the AVI files to DVD format with many programs but ive been out of luck. Ive heard a lot about VCD's but im not sure how to do that.

Any one who can help me please leave some feedback.

thanks

ciao paesans

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Putting these Files on to DVD is just as easy as doing VCD"s and you generally have to Put most VCD movies on at least 2 CD-R"s which cost more than a DVD does and you can fit MUCH more Video on a DVD with better quality than VCD ,Pluss VCD"s have a Nasty Habbit of Not playing Back properly on some DVD Players....

All you need is a Mpeg-2 encoder Like "Tmpgenc Xpress" to convert the AVI files to Mpeg-2/DVD format, It will Guide you through the Process...

After the AVI has been encoded to Mpeg-2/DVD Format you just need to use a DVD authoring Program Like "Tmpgenc DVD Author" so you can ad your Menu"s and Chapters and to Burn it to DVD.....

3. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Have you tried VSO Divx to DVD? It's free.
    There are others, like TheFilmMachine, D.I.K.O., DVDHive, but they have a learning curve to use properly.
    I suggest you start reading some guides.
    One of the best: http://members.dodo.net.au/~jimmalenko/AVI2DVD.htm

4. Paesano

Paesano Member

Minion, thanks for the help the only proplem is that the program u suggested cost money.I want a free program.

Rebootjim, I am trying your programs now i'll tell you how it goes...thanks