1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn avi to cd-r

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rappa69, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

it depends on what you try to play it on on another computer like in some other computers u have to go onto the vcd disc and actually play the avseq01.at file in the mpegav folder because it wont just load the cd like other players!

2. bocker

bocker Member

ok, so i just tried that, but the it says that that file is .dat and windows cannot open it. uhmm, still lost

3. Dela

just use Windows Media Player to play the .dat file!

4. bocker

bocker Member

Dela, thanks for your help, it worked, have a great day.

5. Dela

You too man, take care!

6. bocker

bocker Member

Ok Dela, sorry about this, but one last question. how can i avoid copying the cd-r the way that i have been, is there anyway to copy it so that it will just automatically open up on any computer??? thanks agian for your help.

7. Dela

Nope cant do that with vcd mate! sorry!

8. maddogg

maddogg Member

dela, since you took the time to go into great detail about the avi to cd, what all do i need to put movies on a vcr tape? i belong to a movie site that charges 19.00 dollars a month for movies. i have them on my computer, i would like to show them on my tv and record them in my vcr. i need a video out card(tv out). what else do i need. seeing as how i pay for these movies i am not stealing them. thanks

9. maddogg

maddogg Member

dela, i forgot. i tried to use virtual dub and it said it could not open the movie file. said it was restricted, locked or unsupported. the movie is fine, i have watched it on my cpu. i went to the site you suggested and all i got was a chat room, no download. thanks oh yeah, it says microsoft owns the software or code and prevents third party usage.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2003
  10. Dela

hmm sounds like these movies have different encoding to what im used to, where do they come from?

11. maddogg

maddogg Member

the pay site is called the movie biz. it comes with dvd-copy-to-one. the movie that virtual dub can't open comes from kazza lite. how do i get tmd codecs, the link on this site goes to a chat room, no download. thanks

12. maddogg

maddogg Member

dela, it is not the movie, it is virtual dub, it is owned by microsoft and no longer works on third party files.

13. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

I think you misunderstand maddogg. Its not virtualdub thats owned by microsoft, its probably the codec that was used to encode the movie.

14. maddogg

maddogg Member

well, how can i get around it. i have tried 5 different movies and i get the same message. the codecs on this site are for dvds and meg4. how and where do i find the codecs i need.i am not lazy, i will go and get them.LOL, i just need to know where. the link on this site for the tmd movies has no download function. i have vcd easy and several other dvd programs and none of them work. any help will be appreciated. thanks

15. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Well Im not sure, what codecs do you use to watch the movie? Use Gspot to find out.

What kind of movie is it? What type of media file is it: avi, mpg, wmv?

16. maddogg

maddogg Member

i have gspot, it tells me that windows media can play the movies, i don't want to play them, i want to put them on a cd. i have a stupid question. how do you install the different codecs? do you just install them on the computer or drag and drop them into the movies? i found a site with all the codecs, i am not sure how to use them. new at this. thanks

17. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Most codecs have installers so save them to your drive and install from there.

18. maddogg

maddogg Member

stupid question of the week, can you use a dvd disc instead of a cdr disc? does the cd rom know the difference? i made a movie on the cdr from the internet. i made a vcd, it plays on my dvd but not on my daughters. a man down the road makes movies and her dvd will play them. any ideas as to what he is doing? thanks

19. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

No cd-roms cant read dvds. Im guessing that the laser thats used to read cds isnt calibrated to work on dvds.

20. nik99

nik99 Regular member

ah ..well/
    just felt like dragging this thread out of the closet ..cause this had solutions to most problems one would face..(or most probs noobs would face)..

cheers..