1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn certain DVDS?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by timmaah, May 28, 2003.

1. timmaah

timmaah Member

i am new at this so bear with me i wanted to know how would u be able to burn copyrighted dvds. Wat software do i need to use in order to burn those types of dvds onto a 4.7 gig blank dvd. i have a roxio burner through dell...so if someone can help me that would be tight..

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You must firstly download all the video files from the disc you want to copy to your hard drive - this is called 'ripping' then you use a burning rom application such as Nero to drag and drop the files and then burn. I'd suggest trying DVDShrink first which you can get free from this site. It's easy to use and rips and compresses the files at the same time to enable you to copy the movie onto one disc.

3. djillini

djillini Regular member

I'm still new to all of this...but i have had great success with the user guides afterdawn provides.

dvddecrypter
    dvd2one
    Nero

Recommended by this site...& they haven't failed me yet

4. timmaah

timmaah Member

thanks i appreciate ur help...

5. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

hi how do you do this with alcohol 120% cuz i got friday after next and saved it too my hard drive using dvd decrypter but when you go to burn it the file just keeps opening like a folder how do you make it so alcohol knows its a dvd