1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Burn Copy written Video Tape to DVD

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by djlen, Feb 10, 2005.

1. djlen

djlen Regular member

Recently I purchased a DVD player. I have a ton of Video Tapes, some of which are copy protected.
    I want to burn them to DVD.
    Is there an application that will by pass the copy protection to allow me to do this?

Len

2. permatex

permatex Regular member

to djlen-in order to transfer vhs tapes to dvd you will need to install a capture card in your computer,you will need a conversion software like powerproducer-3 from gocyberlink.com and a good vcr.if memors serves me correct this program kills the copyright protection,if not you will need a clarifier from facetvideo.com,this is a small unit that kills copyright protection on vhs movies as the novie is sent to the capture card.

3. djlen

djlen Regular member

Thanks for the reply Permatex, but I've kind of given up on the idea of converting the VHS to DVD after seeing the difference in quality.
    I'm going to work on getting a system for copying DVD to DVD and pick up the movies I've already got on VHS at Blockbuster and burn them to DVD instead.
    It just doesn't seem to be worth the time and effort to mess with VHS for the return in quality.

Len

4. permatex

permatex Regular member

to djlen-right now i am using a hp dc4000 movie wtiter and the quality to me is the same as copying a dvd to dvd.this writer comes with a built in capture card,required cables and software for transfering vhs tapes to dvd.this writer is external and hook up to the computer by a usb connection,you can transfer vhs tapes up to two and one half hours on one disk ,over two and one half hours and you need two disks.the program that comes with yhis writer will also allow you to put more than one movie on a disk as long as both movies does not exceed two and one half hours.this is a feature i have not seen on any other program.in order to copy copyrighted vhs tapes tou will also need a clarifier found at facetvideo.com.note hp dc4000 movie writer read and write like any dvd writer amd all you need is a good dvdcopy program in order copy dvd to dvd.note-just learned that hp has upgraded this writer and it is now a dc5000.check the spects at hp.com