1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn "downloaded" copy's of halo 2 to fit on a single DVD (this is help for people im not asking for it)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Wayne_T, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

(remember there is an difference some programs make an ISO and programs like Qwix and Craxtion make Xbox ISO's (they have the same extention but actually they are different)).
    I helped a person over remote assistacne to get his "downloaded" copy of halo 2 to work but it was a hastle. the reason it was a hastle was because the ISO he had was toooo big so i extracted the ISO with Qwix then i deleted the 3 live files (dashupdate.xbe, downloader.xbe,update.xbe) and i found it was still way too big (but the thing is my ISO wasn't because i FTP'd it myslef)so i went a little further. (remembering that all of this was over remote assistance i had a few limitations. so i just deleted the whole media folder. now for the "tricky Bit" i moved 3 multiplayer maps (remember that they are the maps under 50mb) and used a little program of xbins called dummyfile.exe (this basically makes a file with the extention (*.bin) to the size u request. with that program i made 3x 1mb files and named them the exact name of each of the maps (example (nameofmap).map . finally i made the "xbox ISO for him with Qwix and it was like 4.34Gb just able to fit on a blank DVD. (remember not to delete the three multiplayer maps cause u could make 2 copies of the game 1 without those three mulitplayer maps and 1 with those three multiplayer maps and just remove another three. the dummyfile.exe file can be found in the downloads section of www.teamxecuter.com (sorry for spamming) and go to the "other" downloads section.
    you can also get the file from the channel xbins on efnet. if you are seriously having trouble and need help, add noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com to your email list and talk to me on MSN. (SoRrY for spamming again) Only ask me on MSN if you are seriously having trouble!! (dont email me cause it will be filtered out) Enjoy!!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  2. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

Why do you guys make this so difficult?

There is a fonts folder that contains foreign fonts.
    Just delete them and the iso will fit fine.

3. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Wow, cannot believe the people that have had trouble.

Wayne_T I thought you'd be sick of helping these dum asses?
    I know I am!

sonicbuzz you fool, this is for a DL torrent file that unrars to a iso of HALO 2.

With my fix all you do is double click image with the dvd5 kit and sit back for 10 mins and it does it all for u!

4. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

This site used to bans the talk about DL'd files. For obvious reasons. I'm sure you didn't create this "fix utility" and if anyone had half a brain they would post a "fixed" iso. What is an iso too big for the disk good for anyway? Your only answer is "I can rip it and ftp to my xbox HD". If you are going to rip it, you could easily do my fix. ONE I ORIGINATED.
    SO "Junior Member", Follow the rules of this forum and also, keep the personal attacks to yourself.

5. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

listen man this was just to help people that have had trouble with downloaded torrents (not FTP'd origional copies)it is for people that had problems with downloaded torrents not for you to wine about the way you copied yours......so just either follow it and appreciate my time spent typing it or just stfu.

6. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

oh and nastynath some downloaded ISO's arent compatible with the fix for some reason.

7. jamie999

jamie999 Guest

Having problem creating a back up of halo2. Have FTP'd all the origional files to my hard drive. Then I use Xiso, but when i try to burn this with nero, it states there is a error with the size not corresponding. The burned disk doesn't work, x-box states there is an error with the disk. Have the xbox chipped and all that and it works for other games! What do I do?

Thanks

8. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

download and use a program called Qwix to make the ISO but before you make the ISO delete the undate.xbe,downloader.xbe and the dashupdate.xbe from the files u ftp'd but make sure you leave the defult.xbe file there. then make the iso

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

That there is the easiest way to do this,get rid of all the files that xbox live use. SIMPLE!

10. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

simple!!!

11. tjac9999

tjac9999 Guest

I tried the fix you gave about deleting the xbe. files but I still get the same nero messages as jamie999. Any more suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2004
  12. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The best way to avoid all the trouble is to just rent the game (I rented it for two nights for like $3.00 :D) and just FTP the files in a folder.

13. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I wouldn't use Xiso, as it is buggy and can produce bad ISOs. I would use Qwix or better yet, GDFIMAGE. GDFIMAGE is THE BEST xbox iso making tool since Microsoft uses it themselves.

Plus, try using DVD Decrypter to burn the iso. Nero is picky and is can be complicated at times.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  14. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

yes ok but i dont know about the dvd decrypter idea. :p

15. BadBullet

BadBullet Member

I think I downloaded this one, having a weird time with this one.

I try out all this stuff on a DVD-RW first so I don't waste any DVD-R and this one worked fine.

But when I burned it to a DVD-R my xbox recognized it as a game but when I tell it to Play Game or Media from DVDROM Drive it loads for a sec and then drops me right back in evox dash. (I'm running Xecuter2 bios and latest Evox from the Slayers 2.6 disk)

It checks out fine, I can see all the files with boxplorer etc and the disk is the right size yet it won't run. I burned the RW from the exact same iso file.

Does anybody have any clue as to what could be wrong with this disk?

16. BadBullet

BadBullet Member

Nevermind answering in this thread, I hadn't seen the thread that dealth specifically with this problem yet

17. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Just download it you lazy bastard :p

If you can conquer Nero, then you should be able to master DVD Decrypter.

18. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

i already have nero and i already have dvd decrypter. i was just saying it because if you actually know what setting in nero (easy as pie :p) it works without fail...........so thats why i said that.

19. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

sorry for posting my email. i never knew it wasnt allowed. although i have helped like 20 people with halo 2 successfully:p

20. T.bag

T.bag Guest

Wayne_T...Stick to your guns dude. I think your solution is by far the easiest of all -2 DISKS- one for multi player and one for single player. Cheers to you and thanks for the advice.