1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn dvd from tv tuner card

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ol645074, Jan 3, 2004.

1. ol645074

ol645074 Member

ok i have a pioneer a06 and installed a tv tuner card today [av labs], can capture just fine, but when i convert the avi files to mpeg2 nero won't burn it to a dvd saying that it is not required files, i think it is looking for vob files, so my question is how do i convert mpeg2 files to vob files, i converted the avi files with tmpgenc plus 2.5 light version. any help would be greatly appreciated

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

You need software that can do 'dvd authoring'.....

Authoring means basically converting the MPGE2 stream into a dvd compliant file structure....

The structure consists of VOB/IFO/BUP......

These files are required to produce a compliant structure and Nero can then burn these files into a dvd-video format on a dvd......

There are loads of authoring software available but I do not think there are free ones around....just trial ones for limited time and then purchase (I maybe wrong, others may be able to provide you with links etc)

I capture from my dv cam in either avi or mpeg and run it through Pinnacle Studio which also gives you the option to render to dvd (author).
    This is a good basic package from start to finish and I have great results from it....it is fairly expensive.......

A more basic one maybe the TMPGenc Dvd Author progam, again this is not free but is available as a full trial version....

Obviously if you are planning alot of use to convert MPEG2 to DVD then purchasing would be helpful, with the TMPGenc Dvd Author trial you get 30 days, so you can evaluate it first at no cost......

Trial download available here http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tda.htm .

I would recommend Pinnacle any day of the week, lots of extras including transistion effects etc, you can really jazz a dvd up with it....

I just captured all 3 wallace and gromit shows from my vcr to pc, ran them through Pinnacle and made a cracking dvd, with menus and chapters etc.....came out really good.....

Others may suggest other programs and maybe free ones....

But in answer to your question........Your problem is down to the fact that your files are not in a dvd compliant structure.....

Hope this helps....

Last edited: Jan 3, 2004