1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn .mds .mdf on a dvd-r or dvd+r

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cmd, Oct 6, 2004.

1. cmd

cmd Guest

i am trying to burn my backup if anyone knows how to make this kind of file work plzzz help!!

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

mdf/mds files are created by alcohol 120 and to burn it just use the image burning wizard

3. knapptown

knapptown Member

I was reading in another thread that the newest version of dvd decrypter utilizes .mds files for burning instead of the .iso. I haven't looked into it, but may be worthwhile to do so. They said they didn't have any problems with their .mds backup that many others were having with their .iso backup.

4. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

The MDS file just points to the ISO file. I have run into a lot problems when trying to burn the MDS file. After I rip the games to my hard drive, I delete the MDS file and burn the ISO file.

Now, if you are only getting a MDS file and not the ISO file then your computer is probably running FAT32. See the link for a thread to convert from FAT32 to NTFS.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/99974

5. knapptown

knapptown Member

I am getting the .iso file but was having problems with backing up DJFFNY. Another member said they updated to the newest version of decrypter and it burned only an .mds file (not sure how big but assuming the same size as the .iso file i'VE BEEN USING ) and he hasn't had any problems with his backups, especially with games this large. I'm still trying to work my kinks out anyways, so it could be any number of things. No problems except for big games like this one.

6. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

I also have the new version of Decryptor. If there is an MDS file associated with the ISO file, then Decryptor will automatically select the MDS file. I delete the MDS file so it will automatically select the ISO file. And BTW, the MDS is much smaller than the ISO.

If you are having trouble burning a large game, try this method. Every large game that I was having trouble with was corrected by creating a new image of the ISO.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110498

7. knapptown

knapptown Member

I've read through that forum a lot as a reference but do not have some of the programs, and even if I did, wouldn't know how to apply to a game other that SWBF. I guess once you get familiar with one method, you like to stick with it and try to make it work, even if it doesn't.

8. cmd

cmd Guest

is it possible to put the .mds and .mdf on a dvd-r or dvd+r or its a cd r image