1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn more than one movie to DVD?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by paulaxx, Aug 22, 2007.

1. paulaxx

paulaxx Member

Hi can anyone help please...i recently got a DVD off someone and it had 2 movies on it (4.7gb). What do I have to download to do this as I download lots of movies and it would be very helpful if I could do it !!!
    Thanks, Paula
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. attar

attar Active member

4. paulaxx

paulaxx Member

Hi
    Many thanks for the reply - I have downloaded DVD shrink but when I try to move a movie over, I open the folder and nothing is listed to move over. The whole folder wont move over either. Do I have to rip the movies first? If so how !!! Sorry new at this...thanks, Paula
  5. attar

attar Active member

Use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip movies to DVD folders on the hard disk.
    Run program, insert disk, select 'Main Movie' or 'Full Disk'

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Use DVD Shrink to fit the movie to a standard DVD-5.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

Use 'Reauthor' to fit more than one movie on the disk.

If you download and install 'DVD Decrypter', then the disk can be burned from within Shrink.

DVD Decrypter
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

Optionally, if Nero is installed on the PC, it can be called from Shrink to burn the disk.
  6. paulaxx

paulaxx Member

Hi,
    thanks again for that. I have downloaded DVDFAB but still cant get anywhere. I have Nero which I use to put downloaded movies onto DVD either in data on a rewriteable or on normal DVD to keep. I just want to know how I can put more than one downloaded movie onto a single DVD. The movies I download already say dvdrip - which, I presume means they have already been ripped - but I can only fit one movie onto a DVD. I have had a copy from a friend which had 2 films on it and it was only 4.7 gb. Sorry to be a pain but I need how to do this in plain English !!! Many thanks, Paula
  7. attar

attar Active member

Which format are these movies that you wish to put on the DVD?

8. paulaxx

paulaxx Member

Hi
    AVI (dvdrip)
    Paula
  9. attar

attar Active member

They have to be converted to DVD format, either with Nero or some other software..
    Run Nero StartSmart (or Nero Vision 4), elect to make a DVD Video, add the AVI files.
    Nero will tell you when the disk is full.
    You shouldn't put more than 3-4 hours of running time on a DVD-5;AVI files are compressed and of lesser quality than the original DVD that they came from.
    Burn at 4x on Verbatim media.
    Good luck.
  10. paulaxx

paulaxx Member

Hi again
    I have burned lots of DVD's off using Nero Start Smart, but only manage to fit one movie onto a DVD ( DVD+R 4.7 GB ). As I said earlier, I borrowed a DVD off a friend and he puts 2 movies onto same size DVD disc as the one's I use - which makes the running time around 4 hours so obviously the movies are compressed in some way - this is what I want to know how to do.
    Sorry for being a pain
    Paula
  11. attar

attar Active member

In Nero, you can set the DVD size to 'DVD-9' (lower right of the window, output to a folder on the hard drive, load the folder into DVD Shrink and compress to fit a DVD-5 (4400MB), then let DVD Shrink burn the output with Nero.
  12. micl1

micl1 Guest

you could also run nero startsmart( nero recode) and put the two clips in there and then follow the steps thru ( I've gotten 8 episodes of father ted on one dvd which is about 4 hrs worth of belly aching laughter)