1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn movie files off my hard drive to a dvd disk

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MESMD, Dec 24, 2004.

1. MESMD

MESMD Regular member

Hi,
    I just decrypted a Dvd movie I purchased from the Dvd drive to my hard drive using DvdDecrypter. Then I used DvdShrink to compress the files on the hard drive to an iso image. That compressed the 6.8 gb of files to 4.4 gb.
    The files, however, have no iso extension, but rather one with a mds extension and the other 5 files have extensions 101 through 105 (6 files total). My question is: How do I burn this iso image back to a blank dvd? Can I use Dvd decrypter? If so, what settings must I use? I also have DvdClone. Can it be used to burn files from a hard drive to a dvd or just DVD to DVD? Finally, if the files were converted to an iso image, why doesn't at least one file have an iso extension? Thank you very much for any help you may give in my understanding of this. I reaaly appreciate your help.
    Sincerely,
    Miles

2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

You can burn .mds files using DVD Decrypter.

3. hursty

hursty Active member

you should be using dvd shrink to start off with,click through options and "un-tick" the box which says "burn using nero",shrink the dvd onto HD,then once this finished,dvd decrpyter will automatically load up.

4. MESMD

MESMD Regular member

Thanks, hursty,
    I have tried what you said, using Dvd shrink to work and burn to iso file using dvd decrypter. Every thing goes fine until the burning starts and then I get errorsusing dvd-r disks. Maybe because the original movie size was greatrer than 6gb! However, dvd shrink reduced all files to 4.35 gb but there was no iso file and only 5 numbered file extensios and 1 mdf file totalling 4.35 gb. As nrk4594 says, Dvd decrypter will burn my mdf file but I do not know how? It states I might have to download an aspi driver 4.71.12 from Adaptec and install it but I am afraid to because I have no scsi drives or cards and won't it mess up my ide drives or win xp home booting system? I'm so confused? I also have DvDclone and AnyDVD and can't get them to backup a 6.3 gb movie either? Please help if you can. Also I want to thank nrk4594 for his help. Thanks to both you guys. I appreciate your help so much.
    Sincerely,
    Miles

5. hursty

hursty Active member

mds is the correct file you should be burning,ignore the rest.have you tried burning it.does your writer support dvd-r?

6. MESMD

MESMD Regular member

hursty,
    I have tried burning both the mds file and then I tried the iso file. After DVD DECRYPTER would not burn the mds file, I got Dvd Shrink to save the movie files on my hard drive to a iso file. This was done and then I tried again with the DVD DECRYPTER to burn the iso file and it failed again. My C: drive is fat32 (80 gb). Could that be my problem? If so, I have a D: drive (80 gb) formatted in ntfs. However I copied the files made as iso to the D: drive later and tried burning them again and failed. My dvd burner is Sony and I have tried using DVD -r, +r and rw disks and all failed. I really appreciate any help you can add. Also the original movie files were 6.8gb but compressed to 4.35 gb by dvd shrink so I have been using a single layer dvd of 4.7 gb.
    Thanks so much again,

Miles

I was thinking of buying 1Click DvdCopy as it is so highly rated, but I do not know what my problem is!! My OS is WIN XP Home with a Pent 4 2.4ghz processor and 512 mb ram.

7. hursty

hursty Active member

when you use dvd shrink,have you clicked through preferences and turned off option "burn using nero" you need to untick this box.once shrink has done its work dvd decrypter will automatically load up,providing you have selected this option in dvd shrink.i use fat 32 and have no problems using dvd decrypter.

8. hursty

hursty Active member

p.s to find "preferences" shrink,load it up,click edit>preferences>file i/o>untick "enable burning with nero"

9. MESMD

MESMD Regular member

hursty,
    When I went to i/o, like you said, the box to burn with nero was indeed checked!!! I unchecked it. However, in the past when I told dvdshrink to burn through with decrypter it showed that nero was disabled but on that screen only. I'll bet you have found my problem as unticking nero in the preferences i/o was mandatory too!! I'll try later today, after getting some sleep, (it's 4:33 am here) to burn through as an iso image with decrypter or since I've already have the decrypted files on my hard drive as both iso and mds, I can skip the shrink part and have decrypter burn them off the hard drive to the dvd. It will probably work now that you have had me untick nero in the preferences. Thanks a lot!!!
    Miles