1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Burn Movies.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Rasta1, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Rasta1

Rasta1 Member

Hello, I have some movies on my hard disk that I will like to burn onto a DVD+RW disc. I purchased Nero 6 and attempted to burn the movie, but after about an hour of processing the movies for burning, I got an error message. I believe the movies are in mpg format. What I would like is a step-by-step instruction on how to achieve my purpose. Thank you.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Rasta 1,
    You can process .mpg files using Nero Smartstart. Select "Photo and Video" then select "Make Your Own DVD-Video". The next thing you need to do is add your video files, so select "Add Video Files". Once you have added the content to your project, select "Next".

This is the Menu creation screen. My advice is to just play with it and see how it works.

Select "Next" again and the project preview window comes up. This is where you can see how your menu works using the on-screen remote. If you don't like it, Select "Back" and re-do your menu.

After the preview window the Burn window is next, just select the options you want in the upper right corner of the screen. Put in your blank media and you are ready to burn.

FYI.. your .mpg files will be converted into DVD-Video compliant files. If you select your hard drive as the target, your compliant files can now be used with other programs like DVD Shrink and a host of others.

Here's a Nero guide that might help:

http://www.nero.com/en/631927444757088.html

Cheers,
    Frank
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  3. Rasta1

Rasta1 Member

I have done this so many times, but after about one hour of processing, I still get the error message. I am so tired of not being able to use this software man!!

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Exactly what Nero programs are you using and what does the error message say?

I have to know for sure what the file types are. Each type has to be processed with the correct program and program settings.
    These movies you have, how did they get on your hard drive?

Is your error occurring during the burn process or:
    I ask all these questions because all I really know is what you tell me:

"I have some movies on my hard disk"
    "I believe the movies are in mpg format"
    "I purchased Nero 6"

What I really would like from you and other folks who are having problems is a complete, detailed description of your system, your O/S, the brand of media you are using, the DVD programs you have installed. I need to know where the original files were sourced from.

I need to know exactly what program you are using. Nero 6 is a suite of programs for example. It has a variety of programs and features, and can be used in many different ways. There are also different versions so I need to know what that is as well.

I can usually help with less than what I just listed but it sure would be easier to know these things. I suck at reading minds, but I try!

Cheers,
    Frank

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

The mpg files you have will need to be encoded to MPEG2 which is then DVD complaint (48kHz audio & correct screen resolution) , personally I do not use Nero for encoding altho I use it for almost all burning matters.
    NeroVision Express etc is known to be buggy & slowww...

After you've converted to MPEG you can then use something like TMPGEnc DVD Author to convert to VOB format , and create your own menus ... it'll let you burn the output to DVD±R(RW) also