1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn .nes roms onto disc to load onto xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by dhiggs7, Nov 4, 2004.

1. dhiggs7

dhiggs7 Member

Hi, I'm just wondering if someone can run me through how to burn .nes roms onto a dvd5 +rw or cd rw to load onto my xbox. my dash is currently firefu*#@rs(sorry, best i could do). I have been able to burn .iso files and load them on, now i have a ton of NES roms and I don't know how to burn them and load them onto my xbox. Please help if you have the time and/or knowledge. Thanx so much!

Oh, and I am using nero 6 to burn, thanx!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

You would have to put all the roms in a folder, make the .xiso image. And then run an nes emulator and go into the configure file of the emulator to point to the D: (dvd-drive of the xbox) and it should do it, but from what I remember most emulators don't allow outside directorys but you can always try.

Degalle

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

compile your emulator the same way you would a normal game. Then create the xiso and burn as so....don't forget to delete the save files for the emulator in the gamesaves,it needs fresh settings.

4. XHPrime

XHPrime Guest

Adding on to what Degallle said you can usually edit the Iso's Ini to read the D: or you can compile the emulator and roms into an xiso if you want it all in one package or if youre unable to ftp.

5. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Or I was thinking about it, just burn it and then move all the files from the cd or dvd to the rom folder in you xbox (you can use unleashx's file explorer to do this) but that's another way and you don't need to make it an X.iso I found out if that's all you're going to do. (same thing with media such as .wmv or .mp3 you can just use Xbox Media Center to play them without making them an x.iso)

Hope that kinda help,
    Degalle

6. Darkland

Darkland Member

HI I'm new to the board I just got my Xbox moded with evolution X and I had tons of games put on it. I wanted to add more roms from Sega Genesis, Snes and Neo GEO and maybe MAME. What is the simplest way to do it.

7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The simplest way to do it is to FTP it over into your Roms folder on your xbox (or whatever folder your roms are in)

8. Darkland

Darkland Member

Thanks, i just found out about using FTP. Its kinda hard for me. A friend of mine told me about flashfxp.com. it ask for and IDadress which i dont have. When I put my roms and emulators on screen to transfer nothing happens. are there any help aids for using FTP and how do i set my Xbox up online. The person who moded my system told me that when every you go online with your system and a menu comes up and say xbox is uploading or updating or something pull the plug or you will lose the evolution program.

9. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

degalle- we can clearly see what your name is...you don't need to continuously keep putting it at the bottom of all of your posts =Þ