1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Burn PS2 Games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by juyt, Mar 18, 2005.

1. juyt

juyt Guest

Hello,

Is it possible to burn copyrighted PS2 Games using a DVD Burner but without a Mod Chip installed on your PS2? Or if not that, not copyrighted games. If you can do this will someone tell me how.

2. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

i have the exact same question...

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

4. juyt

juyt Guest

So If I use nero, which I have; it should work without a mod chip installed on my PS2 right?

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

NO, that link i gave you doesn't say that. keep reading, it tells you the different ways to load backups.

6. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

lol, this is jus getting ridiculous. Theres like a kajilion threads on this already...lol

7. juyt

juyt Guest

The link you gave me does say this:

*A little useful trick*, if the DVD backup "image" is small enough in size you can fit it onto a CD-R (80 minute or larger if need be) instead of using a more expensive DVD-R. Some titles have DVD checks so it will not work all the time, but it doesn’t hurt to try it on a CD-R and there are patches on the web to fix the ones that might not work. In addition a DVD Movie backup will play on a PS2/Xbox WITHOUT a modchip, this is also the best way to find out if your system likes that particular media. Plus remember this is just a guideline in which to help you get started, so fiddle with settings and options so as you can learn. As I get more info, I will try to keep this tutorial updated. Oner

The game I am trying to burn is need for speed underground 2. I have tried burning it with nero by using this method:

1. Open Nero
    2. Select "Make DVD Data Disc"
    3. Add Files
    4. D:\Underground_2...
    5. Add all files in the CD
    6. Copy Disc

After I put the disc in my PS2 and it had a message saying "Disc read error"

So I have to return this game today by 11pm and I am trying to find a way to burn this disc before I return it.
    I have all the disc types by the way. (CD-/+R, CD+RW, DVD+/-R, DVD+RW).

So can you please help me, just tell me a program that can burn PS2 games without a mod chip installed on the PS2.

Thanks,

8. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

There is no possible way for you to play burned games unless you have done some sort of [bold]MOD[/bold] to your PS2. There are several ways you can do this.

1. The obvious (modchip)
    2. Swap Magic w/Fliptop,slide card,magic switch,ect.
    3. Knife Trick/Straw Trick (I have never done...so not sure about this one.

Im sure someone else could be of better help to you, but do some research & try looking this up on google...

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

your not reading it correctly. the only point it says that you DONT need a mod is

"In addition a DVD Movie backup will play on a PS2/Xbox WITHOUT a modchip, this is also the best way to find out if your system likes that particular media".

You don't need a mod to play backup movies, but you DO need a mod to play backup games.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  10. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

Hey, ok...I have a version 1 ps2 (if not please help below) I have backed up a movie in Video_TS format, burned with DVD Lab Pro and watched the movie perfectly on my dvd player. I burned the movie on a Fujifilm DVD -R. I put the disc in the PS2, it made some weird noises off and on and then finally said disc read error. Here is my PS2 information. Please help. Thanks a lot.
    -Pat (redhatman)

Model NO. SCPH-30001
    NTSC/UC
    Serial U1632578
    Barcode Number - PT116325783

Yes! Caution "Risk of electric shock" sticker on bottom

10 screws on bottom of PS2. (at least i think),
    (there is 10 rubber stoppers
    that probably have screws underneath them.)

11. juyt

juyt Guest

Hello,

there is one way I can tell you and you pay me a million dollars first you mother fuckin bitch hole.

OK REDHATMAN

You are very wierd because there is absolutely no point on telling me how many screws your gay playstation has because I don't give a shit on how many screw you have. OK????

Good day GAY(RED)HATMAN

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2005
  12. juyt

juyt Guest

Hi,

ITs me again you mother fuckers.

All you guys have very stupid Questions

13. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

yea, actually it does matter. ... so go bounce on ur daddys lap and shut the fusk up.
    -Good Day (redhatman)

14. juyt

juyt Guest

Ummmmmmm......... Actually it doesn't matter because You just need to know the model number and the other information. No one gives a shit on how many screws ur gay PS2 has. OK????
    You shut the fusk up or else i'll take your red hat and shove it up your ass you mother fuckin son of a bitch. Oh yeah you probably have 2 dads also.
    -Good Day (juyt)
    SHUT UP!!!!!

15. juyt

juyt Guest

Redman shut the fusk up u mother fusker bitch ass hole ass wipe hole bastard guy fusk u guy mother fusk guy fusk the mother fuckin fusk out the fusk off the fusk of u bitch ass hole oh ya i forgot ur ass is to big to fit in your house oh ya i forgot u live in a can bitch ass wipe

good day mother fusker redhatman

16. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

@redhatman,

no need to flame back. let the mods take care of the bad apples :)

17. vojta

vojta Guest

can anyone give me a quick anwser?
    HOW THE HELL DO U COPY PS2 GAMES WITH OUT A MOD CHIP
    LIKE A PATCH OR SOMETHING
    I ONLY KNOW THAT KIND OF THING FOR US AND JAPANESE PS2 BUT IS THERE ANYTHING LIKE IT FOR THE EUROPE PS2

18. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

u cant even do that with a us ps2.

19. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you MUST have a modchip or boot disc.