1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn PS2 rar files? Help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tofferz, Jan 22, 2005.

1. tofferz

tofferz Member

I recently downloaded a PS2 game and its in rar format. I extracted the file using WinRar and I got these files:
    iph-sk.rar*, iph-sk.r00*,iph-sk.r01*.....iph-sk.r22*
    .message*
    iph-sk.nfo
    iph-sk.sfv

I wanted to know how to burn these files onto a CD-R/DVD-R. I have Alcohol 120 and Nero.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you have a split rar file there and you need to use win rar again on those files to extract the image file for burning, just right click the file that ends in .rar and use the extract files option from the menu, win rar will automaticly extract the image file form all the pieces and rebuild it

3. tofferz

tofferz Member

sorry i replied so late because i had monitor problems.....anyways I extracted the .rar file and i got this:
    iph-sk.bin

what next?

4. dfaulting

dfaulting Member

Load the .bin file using a dvd burning program and burn.

5. tofferz

tofferz Member

i loaded the cue file in Alcohol 120 and burned it to a cd. I put in my playstation using swap magic and the game won't work.

6. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

you need to put the .cue and .bin file into one folder. Make sure ONLY those 2 files are in there, then load the .cue file into your burning software. It should auto load the .bin file in (hidden). If there is some way that your software shows how much space the actually burn will take on the disc, make sure it uses more than 3 kb (the rough size of the .cue file)

I use nero to burn those formats and it works every time. ALso you can just drop the .bin file into nero and it will burn fine as well.

7. tofferz

tofferz Member

both files are already in one folder...i'll try to burn it in nero....What writing speed should i use coz' the lowest on the nero that i have is 8x

8. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

Most people say to do the slowest speed possible. But I have burned at 40X with no problems at all. In fact I have never burned a game at slower then 32X with no ill effects.