1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn small ps2 games onto normal CD(not dvd)

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by foxof, Mar 31, 2005.

1. foxof

foxof Member

hi all,

i am new to this so please excuse anything i may be doing or saying wrongly...

I know many ppl have already asked this question and i should look them up first then to waste your precious time but i really need help here...

i have a ps2 game in bin and cue format about 500mb and i want to fit it onto a normal cd... i put the 2 files, bin and cue in the same folder and modified the cue file so the name of the bin file is the same as the cue... previously it was quoted " C:\filename.bin" which i removed C:\ and now it just says "filename.bin"

then i burned it using dvd decrypter in iso/write mode ..my ps2 is modded and i have been backing up my ps2 games on dvd without problem but have never tried backup small ps2 games on normal cd so i am here asking for help... doing the way i described above didn't work i even tried buying to dvd and still it doesn't work... i read that there has to be a code written in the file says its a cd format or something like that... i am not sure ... please help me with this... on how to properly backup small ps2 games onto cd.....

many thanks

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

DVD Decrypter is for DVD's only. You need to use a CD burning program that supports .bin/.cue format. Most do.

3. foxof

foxof Member

i got alcohol 120% that will work?

my dvd decrypter has the option of letting me burn with a cd burner...

but i will try with a cd burning software... thanks dude for your help much appreciated!!!

:)